What Does Your "Top Shelf" Look Like?

The top shelf of your bookcase, that is.

(Top shelf liquor is another topic for any other time.)
:stuck_out_tongue:

This was a query over on Mastodon, and I’d thought it was interesting enough to share with the community here.

So, whatcha got?

The top shelf of mine looks as such:

13 Likes

I have four different top shelves. The one in our bedroom looks like this. (I seriously need to dust.)

13 Likes

Fair point; I do own more than one bookcase.

8 Likes

This is BBS, so multiple tops shelves are a given. I like the lighting on this one, so.

14 Likes

I have Team of Rivals two shelves below my featured top shelf. Still have to make time for it.

6 Likes

Replying to keep this topic open.

6 Likes

Ooh, Tufte!

5 Likes

Arty shot of top couple of shelves of one of my bookcases (the fiction one. Also the wonky, self-built, cheap Kmart one).

Less arty shot of the same bookcase as above (ie, I remembered to turn on the flash).

Books on top of not quite a bookcase. These are all inherited from my paternal grandparents and quite eclectic.

10 Likes

The diagrams have actually helped me at work when presenting to an audience that needs visuals.

5 Likes

Surprised the hell out of me what was on the top shelf of this bookcase. Art of mountain bike maintenance on one end and Art of Electronics on the other isn’t a surprise, but I didn’t remember that I own 2 bibles. Although I’m guessing it wasn’t a coincidence that I put them next to “Wampeters, Foma and Granfalloons”

10 Likes

It’s two layers deep…

All of the “serious” books are spread across four other bookcases…and a storage unit

12 Likes

The two tiny books on the right; what are they? :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Oh! I know this one! They are part of a bookend! See the left side

6 Likes

Holy leatherbound, Batman! Pretty cute bookends!!!

6 Likes

Yep. They’re hand-me-down alabaster bookends. I don’t remember who I got them from. I just checked, though, and someone scratched “Italy” and illegible initials into the bottom.

6 Likes

Nice! Very “From the Mixed-Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler”!

7 Likes

Weird, I have read every book of your first photo but only two of the second photo :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

7 Likes

14 Likes

Hmmm…Pratchett or Zelazny? I mean, I am assuming it’s one of the two. Pretty sure I’m the only person that has read two Elisa DeCarlo books

ETA: I should not be though - they are very charming, but hard to get.

5 Likes

The Pratchett’s. I’ve heard of most of the others but sometimes books don’t cross your path :woman_shrugging:t3:

6 Likes