What happened to Dianna Cowern, aka Physics Girl

Originally published at: What happened to Dianna Cowern, aka Physics Girl | Boing Boing

27 Likes

:cry:

31 Likes

That’s just heartbreaking. Her work is such an inspiration. Fscking covid.

27 Likes

Yikes! I’m used to seeing covid devastate people already at high risk for one factor or another. To see it lay low an otherwise healthy woman in her prime is frightening! I hope Dianna is able to recover soon and put this behind her.

22 Likes

I love her! I am not physics smart but she makes it easier to almost understand. Hope she gets better and America doesn’t bankrupt her.

17 Likes

Meanwhile, NYC mayor Eric Adams has declared that people wearing masks are probably thieves, just to make sure more people suffer like this.

28 Likes

Now that’s terrifying and heartbreaking. God damned COVID. And when I went to look for more info I’m unsurprised to find that this is being used for covid misinformation and propaganda already as well as blamed on the vaccines.

Fuck.

She’s one of the best youtubers out there.

20 Likes

Entirely all too familiar. I’m functioning fine, but 3.5 years into being a part-time carer for a moderate to severe chronically ill partner.

There ain’t no kind of real help for that sort of thing, these days.

19 Likes

Love her channel, feel horrible for her health crisis, and THIS makes my blood boil! Yes, vaccinated people can still get covid, and long covid seems to be an equal opportunity destroyer. Using her suffering to promote disinformation is unforgivable. There is no bottom for these asshats.

16 Likes

I had long covid after getting sick last May, and I was just thinking this morning that I feel like I aged about 5 years in the last 1. And I think that comparatively, I had it mild compared to a lot of people. There are going to be a lot of long term effects of covid that I don’t think anyone really understands yet.

20 Likes

She’s been posting video shorts, and finally her husband made a video showing her having really serious health problems a few weeks ago. This was terribly shocking.

I hope she can overcome this.

12 Likes

I wouldn’t say God damned COVID, since it isn’t really a moral actor that can be judged. I would say damn the chucklefucks in power who allow this pandemic to persist and put people at risk by pretending that we’re ‘post-COVID’ (despite 300-500 people in the US dying a day, most of them vaccinated, because the vaccine didn’t magically make the pandemic end when those in power ceased all other protective measures).

12 Likes

And fsck Covid deniers with a Roman dildo.

8 Likes

And the people who shrug and claim “this is proof vaccines don’t work so why bother”, fuck them too.

(And also fuck Patreon for blocking reading any those posts without first signing in or setting up an account.)

11 Likes

Seeing this is really sad of course, but it also just freaks me the hell out, man. This woman’s my age, was in considerably better shape than me before getting sick, up on vaccinations etc and now she’s slowly dying. Everyone seems to be acting like Covid is a solved problem which just means it’s become practically impossible to avoid being exposed, and some people end up like this without there seemingly being any cure.

Hope she and everyone else recovers and isn’t bankrupted by their illness.

11 Likes

… God :confused: or COVID?

4 Likes

As a non-American, watching this is heart-breaking for the all the miraculous ordinary reasons of human compassion.

But when I remember the healthcare costs on top of it all, I boil with sick rage. It’s shocking to look at her Patreon numbers and think “that’d be plenty anywhere else, but I’m not sure she’ll avoid bankruptcy in the US”.

7 Likes

8 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.