What happens when you write on 4chan that someone should kill an anti-Nazi sheriff

Originally published at: What happens when you write on 4chan that someone should kill an anti-Nazi sheriff | Boing Boing

17 Likes

It is a shame that the cops only swing in to action when it is one of their own getting threats.

48 Likes

I’m embarrassed for him because he looks exactly like a 4chan user is expected to look like, and lives exactly where a 4chan user is expected to live.

I’m embarrassed for the cops because they sent 200 guys to arrest him, filmed it, and uploaded it.

Just embarrassing all around.

32 Likes

That could be any of them!

Fox News

Van_explode

16 Likes

Dear Nazis,

Please continue outing yourselves publicly, ideally with legally actionable statements.

Thanks,
Cannibalpeas, Esq.

44 Likes

The cognitive dissonance some LEO’s must be feeling in this situation might be pretty intense. Poor dears. Won’t someone think of the nazis?

/s, in case it wasn’t obvious.

20 Likes

His Mom seems almost relieved to be rid of him, apologizing for the smell of the guy’s room and everything. Not knowing anything else about their situation, I feel super-bad for her.

34 Likes

Cop: “It’s Ok.”

Mom: “No, it’s not Ok.”

:rofl:

26 Likes

Although it is a surprise that they do even then, when said one of their own is acting in an anti fascist way

13 Likes

The only aspect that would have been more on-the-nose would have been if he’d come up from his mom’s basement. His room upstairs was pretty good, though.

17 Likes

Houses usually don’t have basements in the boggy south though.

18 Likes

I just have to say that the “insult” about folks living with their parents is really unfair, no matter who it’s directed at.

We’re all in a tough economic situation over the past several decades, and the capitalists and libertarians keep pushing this fantasy that every person should have their own abode regardless of income level with the means they currently have at their disposal, which is inherently at odds with the war the capitalists/libertarians are waging against the rest of the population to withhold or take as much of their income as they possibly can. :man_shrugging:

Otherwise, being a (supposedly shielded by interwebs) Nazi dickhead is spot on.

44 Likes

Living in a waterlogged basement (like the Frog Man from Delicatessen) seems appropriate for an internet tr0ll.

9 Likes

Sean Flanagan Request GIF by FoilArmsandHog

18 Likes

Thank you for putting what I was feeling into words so well. A lot of people I know are having to move back into their parent’s as it is becoming possible to survive On your own in our current world. There’s no shame in it, whether it’s in the basement, on the second floor, or if you are super lucky your own tiny house made out of a shed in the backyard.

Now, being a Nazi is something to be ashamed of, regardless of whether you live in your parent’s house or the White House

22 Likes

Especially since a lot of peoples path the fascism starts with self-pity.

It’s not that some one lives with their mom it’s that they don’t appreciate having some one who they can live with etc. Just feeding that martyrdom mythos isn’t even good for embarrassing the Nazis imo. In that worldview it just proves them right that they are the real victims of the world.

14 Likes

Do you think they actually monitor all the boards with a human or do you think they rely on some ML system to filter out the most likely threats and review the results? I have the same question with regards to images.

2 Likes

what, arresting one of their own? there is a better chance this asshole comes out alive and without bruises than, say, a Black guy.

3 Likes

Not quite; what I meant was that there are so many LEOs who are nazis and sympathize with the tr0ll, while also living inside the “blue lives matter” movement. Hence the cognitive dissonance.

Jokes aren’t really my thing, I suppose.

Edit for grammar

5 Likes

Not all stereotypes fit, but when they do, perfection.

2 Likes