What is going on in this video of a Russian freeway incident?

The whole plan was predicated on everyone being a hothead. I imagine Critical Mass goes down differently in Russia than in San Francisco.

1 Like

It’s a clever propaganda video created to inspire the Russian people with a show of “justice.”

1 Like

Nobody has yet suggested that this could be an attempt to film a (very low budget) scene for a movie. That’s the best explanation for why the video is already rolling on a very uninteresting bicycle. How would kidnappers be able to force the mark to stop here, where their filmer-ransomer was stationed? The mark could just decide to swing around the bike and move on. No, this feels staged to me.

10 Likes

Maybe cyclists in Russia have just taken to having a minivan of thugs follow them just as a precaution. Sort of like a dash cam but more pro-active.

6 Likes

Steel doesn’t melt at those temperatures! #russianhighwaykidnappingtruth

As for how the camera-person remained unmolested, this took place on a road in Russia. Dashcams are incredibly common there due to the prevalence of insurance scams, so it’s pretty much impossible to do anything on a Russian road and be sure it won’t be filmed. While this doesn’t appear to be a dashcam video, if the FSB/vory/whoever saw the camera it was taken from they may not have bothered to stop the person filming, as they were probably being filmed from several other cars as well and didn’t have time to deal with all of them.

1 Like

It seems like a biker was just in a way of guys in black Cayenne, they got angry and just wanted to beat him up.
Then the “bigger fish” white car wanted to use the break lane too and got angry that some one was standing in a way,
they honked, so a guy from the first car got angry at them, got out and got too close to the second car and “insulted” them. Then he tries to open the driver’s door. That triggers the security guys from the third car, they probably know nothing about the cyclist and do not care, the are punishing those who insulted and almost endangered people in the second car. To punish them correctly they just want to take them away from the crowded place, so put them in the security van and some one just get a signal not to leave the car on the road, so they take it too.

1 Like

4 Likes

It was filmed so that thousands of Americans would be preoccupied by analyzing the video while Russian hackers secretly empty their bank accounts!

9 Likes

generally, I find VW van owners to be peaceful

1 Like

100 likes.

2 Likes

Whatever the circumstance, those white caps need to go.

The theory is good, except that I am 90% sure that it was staged. It seems too slick to me. real life conflicts are always messier, in my experience.

Video gone. Any replacements?

I’m plunging for awkward coincidence. Lads in first car are hassling cyclist for obstructing their route. On the car behind honking its horn, their back seat passenger goes back to remonstrate, being a similarly hot-headed type. Unfortunately for him, someone in car 2 is being protected by car 3, who then decide to intervene.

Yep. No one leaves the white SUV. Van is full of well trained body guards. It is that or an attempt in a fake viral video.

It doesn’t be a planned operation using the cyclist – there are no guarantees the guys would stop and leave the car for whatever reason.

*Edited for typo

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.