What is the purpose of this ridiculously narrow fence?

Is that on Ft. Meade, MD? It looks like it is. I remember this fence over by DISA at one point. Please say it is.

1 Like

Oh, duh. I hope you didn’t read my original reply. I thought you were referring to the original image that @frauenfelder posted, so my earlier reply would not have made much sense.

The pic I posted upthread came from Reddit and was unattributed. I spent a lot of time at Meade but it was a looooong time ago and this pic is recent. Here’s a larger version with more detail:

2 Likes

CONSTRAIN THE CLIMBING VINES!

2 Likes

Yeah, there was a fence, they took it down, but left this part up for the replacement fence crew to use as a reference. The property surveys of the two adjacent properties probably show this point. There might be a “rod” buried nearby.

4 Likes

This was as much as Trump could get Mexico to pay for.

(And to be honest, it was all change he found on the ground there.)

2 Likes

It’s for keeping trespassers out of the spaghetti farm.

6 Likes

My guess is that some officials have ordered the owner to erect a fence, who then complied in the most defiant way.

I’m pretty sure it can have some kinky use.

2 Likes

Curses. Foiled again!

This!
If it was narrow, all fences would be about the same length :slight_smile:

Actually I thought I saw a water tap at the bottom of the short (not unusually thin) fence. So maybe its protecting the tap and possibly a water meter.

1 Like

Surely not The Princess Bride 2?

*follows link*

Oh. Ah well.

I was thinking the same, some legal bullcrap or an overbearing neighborhood association mandating a fence.

It is a fence seed. Planted in hopes that a fence will blossom.

12 Likes

hey, it worked!

3 Likes

The fence may be for mounting a mail box IMHO.

2 Likes

It’s the three dimensional projection of a fourth dimensional hyper fence.

3 Likes

Oh, that fence. That fence isn’t chain-link. That fence is either white pickets precisely three feet seven and a half inches tall or it’s a specific model of fake wrought iron from a company that no longer exists.

6 Likes

If you build it, they will come?

The remains of two fences on two properties, one post on each side of the property line.