What is this mysterious black vertical line seen stretching from ground to sky?

Originally published at: What is this mysterious black vertical line seen stretching from ground to sky? | Boing Boing

5 Likes

That’s the point where the two strips of wallpaper met. I can never get the pattern to line up that nicely.

29 Likes

It’s a Tardis contrail.

11 Likes

I work with flight simulators and I’m fairly certain that’s an imperfect blending of two of the video projectors that provide the image of the sky onto the surface of the celestial sphere that we all live under. The system just needs a little calibration.

10 Likes

see that there pole on the right-side of the photo? tis but the shadow of that pole in the atmospheric haze, t’is. (or said in a different, slightly more screechy, voice: i’ve really no clue at all)

A spokesperson at Eurotunnel confirmed that the black line was not coming from their site.

aha! as good as a confession that is

9 Likes

It’s just a Beta Test

12 Likes

Looks like a backlight irregularity. I’m sure the vendor would tell you that some manufacturing variation between planets is normal while denying your RMA; or providing you with a ‘refurbished’ and badly scratched venus 4-6 weeks after you pay to ship your unit in.

10 Likes

Gojira, vaping.

7 Likes

Obviously a glitch in the simulation.

3 Likes

Based on the other shadows, it looks like noon. I bet something got between old Sol and the surface of the Earth, leaving a shadow.

5 Likes

That’s not a dark line, it’s two enormous light beams.

8 Likes

In Kent?

It’s the Brexit fault line slowly rending asunder.

19 Likes

Secret space elevator for the Lizard People with a malfunctioning cloaking device. Duh.

10 Likes

God is doing a magic trick, and that’s his “invisible string” attached to it. Zeus is losing his mind right now, as he makes Earth seemingly float in mid air.

5 Likes
6 Likes

It’s dark matter.

4 Likes

The brits need to adjust their VSync settings.

3 Likes

In other Kent news, a hot tub dealer was burned as a witch today after being sighted walking on his hind legs

5 Likes

shadow of a contrail

3 Likes

It’s where you’re supposed to fold the horizon to reveal the secret message. Al Jaffee is still at it…

13 Likes