What is this mysterious lumpy sphere found in the grass? Watch and find out.

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/03/19/what-is-this-mysterious-lumpy-sphere-found-in-the-grass-watch-and-find-out.html

4 Likes

Lacking a clear idea of scale, I suspected this was the inner part of a golf ball.

1 Like

Highly recommend reading the full post on her site. There’s a fun bit after the third part that reminded me of the sadly defunct Hyperbole and a Half:

Later, Hailey was like, “Why wouldn’t you just say ‘I’m fine’ instead of ‘I FOUND A POOP’”? And I understand that that might seem more normal on the outside but this woman just stopped her car to watch me beat a poop with a shovel while I had a camera strapped to my chest so I’m pretty sure, “I’m fine. Nothing to see here ” would be way more suspicious.

7 Likes

4 Likes

At one point I thought maybe it was a large, round, weathered tree gall, but once cut open and you see its made of bits held together, I figured it was a baseball or something similar.

3 Likes

It was. Once it was close enough to the camera and not on the ground that was obvious to anyone that’s seen a baseball after the cover has been removed. I’ll admit that even with the text stating this did not end up with a trip to the ER, once Victor started cutting it open with a jab saw while holding the cork ball inside a plastic bag in his hand I simply could not look away.

Seriously dude, learn some safety skills! One slip and that would have torn your wrist wide open.

2 Likes

7 Likes

I am easily confused.

What is this?

Please

Yeah, it’s not poop, take the bag off, so you can get a good grip on it. Or better yet, use a vise or put it on a work bench.

It showed up initially as a beige rectangle, but clicking on it showed a screen cap from the game Katamari Damacy, a game where you collect and roll up objects into a ball.

2 Likes

Thank you for that prompt. I wondered if there was ever a PC version of that released and it turns out that there are two, both currently on sale over at Steam!

1 Like

You’re in for a treat. It’s a very quirky but fun game.

It also has a great but high earworm factor theme song. Which is now in my head.

2 Likes

I’ve known about it for years - I’ve watched it played several times, but never had a chance to play it myself. Based on some of the “roll over things and collect them up to get bigger” games I have on my phone, I know it’s one I’ll enjoy.

(Already bought and installed on my computer at home - I do like the “remote install” option!)

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.