What it's like to vape caffeine

Can you use a vaper with a cigarette holder?

2 Likes

Nettle tea is a great substitute for vegetable stock. Makes a nice secret ingredient for impressing people with soup if that’s what you’re into.

2 Likes

I didn’t find it that appealing. About on par with dandelion tea.

I like the various mints much better.

I’m waiting for the transhuman gland upgrades that let us silently synthesize and secrete crazy stuff by sheer strenght of will.

2 Likes

Stock humans already have those. And/or the receptors in their brains.

2 Likes

Guess I need some better training? Or a firmware update?

1 Like

You could put a really long mouthpiece on it… I’ve seen plenty of cheap disposables that actually do look like a cigarette in a long holder.

Case in point: the runner’s high.

Another one: hypothermia euphoria.

Yet another: fasting hallucinations.

Unfortunately most of these “natural effects” only come into play when you’re putting your body through stresses beyond its operating specs.

1 Like

I use nettles in many of my soup stocks.

in my opinion, not at all similar taste wise.

for soup stock? I’ve made a chilled cucumber mint soup and a caribbean black bean soup that had a mint garnish, but i cannot imagine mint in most soups.

1 Like

No, I don’t use tea for soup stock, I use it for drinking.

And you’re right, dandelion and nettle don’t taste alike, I was comparing an overall qualitative score of my own.

1 Like

OH I didn’t get you were talking about drinking them as tisans since you were replying to a comment about soup stock. That makes sense.

Nettles are loaded with minerals, like crazy high, and they make up the bulk herb of most “wild herb” soup stocks. I pick nettle, plantain, lambs quarter, raspberry leaf, ramps, marjoram, chickweed, sage, mushrooms, etc. on walks in the woods and make lovely soups.

Nettle imparts a really nice richness to the flavor of onions and chicken specifically.
Many mushrooms do the same to beef.

Umami has such good taste she likes my soups. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I would pick mushrooms, but I live in the US Pacific Northwest, so many edible species look exactly the same as poisonous species that completely fuck you up and require liver and kidney transplants.

My dad always said to leave wild fungus alone, unless it’s some kind of white or green lichen, and I’ve never been steered wrong by that advice. Although I have eaten turquoise lichens which made me very sick. Further research says that lichens are very sensitive to air quality and any color indicates that they are concentrating heavy metals in the air.

2 Likes

The Pacific Northwest is where I learned much of my wild mushroom foraging. Paul Stamets has some great courses as well for cultivation.

While it is true that 2 of the deadliest mushrooms in the wold grow there, death caps and destroying angles, neither look anything like edible species you actually want to go after, and none of the edible species there have poisonous look-a-likes.

It is true you want to go with someone who has a lot of legitimate experience at identification the first few times, but as long as you are sticking to the delicious prize species your risk is almost none.

Chanterelle, Morel, Shaggy Parasol, Oyster, Maitake, Shiitake, Lobster, just to name a few…you are living in the mushroom capitol of the world!!!

The PNW also has the most varieties of psychoactive mushrooms…just saying. :smile:

3 Likes

My dad is an electrician. He has little knowledge of the forest other than what the scouts taught him and it’s the same for me.

I’d go shrooming if I had access to an expert, but I don’t, so I won’t go shrooming.

1 Like

I want to try growing mushrooms this year. I’ll probably start with oyster and shiitake, and if it works out, hopefully try some more exotic varieties.

better safe then sorry. :slight_smile:

oyster are very easy to grow indoors. just grow them in something sealed. i grew them in the guest bathroom one year and they went to spore and wrecked the entire bathroom, had to gut and replace the entire thing as mushrooms started growing out of the counter and baseboards and even the drywall.

shiitake plugs can be popped into a maple log in any shaded wooded area and are pretty much self growing, you just come back to collect the fruit of your labor.

once you start growing mushrooms, you’ll be hooked! :slight_smile: best of luck!

2 Likes

It’s not from the algae that lives symbiotically in its fungal partner?

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.