What the president of Y Combinator learned from interviewing 100 Trump supporters

Yeah, there is, because our listening and understanding gives us the conclusion that they are primarily motivated by harming the people and things we care about. Please read what the other posters have said.

For instance, I’ve already noted that your fact there are millions of his supporters doesn’t actually say much positive about them, not in a country where racial segregation received wide support in the last generation. That was not repealed by desperately trying to court the dedicated segregationists, but by fighting them; and yet it seems many people are very dedicated to forgetting this lesson.

ETA:

Stay angry at them so long as they keep trying to hurt people, because we should be divided on that. Don’t ignore them, but do work around them. The one positive I’ve seen from the Trump presidency is that for the first time I can remember, it has been made entirely clear that they genuinely do not represent America. We can build on that instead of folding. Lots of people depend on it.

24 Likes