What the president of Y Combinator learned from interviewing 100 Trump supporters

Every now and then some disingenuous smarm compares the keep-out-Trump people to the keep-out-Clinton people. Only the former I know were desperate to do better, while the latter were apparently not just willing to accept literally any stack of garbage in place, but went out of their way to prove it.

Does humanize mean pretend they’re not basically the continued anti-civil-rights movement? Because I have listened a lot, and that’s what I keep hearing, right up to these very answers. Yet for some reason people who ask for understanding keep wanting me to ignore it, because of course the only acceptable answer is to fault the left that isn’t nice enough to them.

This line of reasoning never seems to have any evidence, and yet people keep bringing it up again and again, as if all the hate against Mexicans and Muslims and gays and climate scientists and blacks and libtards and trans* and Jews and women’s rights never really mattered, it was all just about our terrible shrill voices. It’s exhausting and pointless, and I wish people would figure it out already.

32 Likes