What the Terminator says instead of "Hasta La Vista, baby" in the Spanish version of Terminator 2

AHA. I knew the latin american dub used the Hasta La Vista, Baby line.

I remember reading an article on AVClub regarding this but I can’t seem to find it.

Maybe it was the Dissolve.:cry:

I think I like this version better…
Gladiator’s really not that great a movie, I’m shocked people love it so much.
I used to work with a guy who was so weird. He didn’t want his kids to watch it - not because of the violence (they were like 10 and 12) but because of the implied incest. I’m like - “I don’t think they’ll even get that. But otherwise, aren’t you worried about the chopped off heads and stuff?” Blank stare.
However, Joaquin Phoenix was really good in it. And then there’s Connie Nielson… Love her. Ever since Rushmore.

I will never forget watching a dubbed version of Spaceballs with my German host family when I visited Germany in college. The scene where they “jam” the radar was met with silence and blank stares by my host family. I had to explain the joke in English. The German word for jam is Marmalade, and that doesn’t happen to also mean making radar not work.

2 Likes

Crums. I was hoping for: “See you later…alligator!”

3 Likes

Over here (Krautistan) we usually get dubbed versions… which in this case means watching Arnie voiced by a proper actor. Which makes it a bit weird when I watch the original version.
BTW, Arnie’s voice actor is the same guy that usually does John Cleese. (He’s a good actor, so they don’t sound the same. John Cleese was delighted when he found out; I don’t know about Arnie.)

1 Like

Depends on how much marmalade you spread on the radar… :slight_smile:

1 Like

This makes all the sense.

The overlay for Latin America includes the Brazilian flag. Surely Portuguese has its own dubs?

1 Like

Hey I didn’t make the video! But yeah, let’s keep this quite before we piss of the Brazilians :sweat:

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.