What was inside Timothy Leary's stash box?

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2017/08/21/what-was-inside-timothy-leary.html

1 Like

There is nothing in my, uhh… what’s a stash box?

2 Likes

That’s trippy as shit.
Because do you know why?
Because it’s not a box!

3 Likes

I was told that the NO2 in those was not manufactured clean enough for human inhalation. Or maybe it was just a bullshit rumor, but “safe for combustion in engines” seems a long way off from “healthy for human lungs,” as far as manufacturing a chemical cheaply. But even if true it probably only gets truly dangerous when regularly imbibed over a long time span. Anyone have any info on this?

1 Like

Good place to get some thinking done.

I don’t know if auto-supply nitrous is any different, but I know that during the time Tim Leary was alive (I know because I saw him on tour debating with G. Gordon Liddy in the mid 80’s) it was not really difficult to call a gas supply house and get a big ol’ tank of medical grade nitrous, a hose, and a balloon regulator. My college sys admin had one in his living room. It was used well, if wholly unwisely.

2 Likes

Supposedly there are some possible trace elements from the manufacturing that aren’t so wonderful, but - based on the extensive testing of my, uh friend, um, so far so good. A bit of gauze over the valve outlet might catch some of those oils, or so I’ve been told. Just makes it harder to fill balloons and there is a bit of wastage (see what I did there?)

4 Likes

WUB-WUB-WUB-WUB-WUB-WUB-WUB-WUB-WUB-WUB-WUB-WUB-WUB-WUB-WUB-WUB-WUB-WUB-WUB-WUB-WUB-WUB-WUB-WUB-WUB-WUB-WUB-WUB-WUB-WUB-WUB-WUB-WUB-WUB-WUB-WUB :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Before I click “Show Full Post” I’m gonna guess: drugs.

Click

Wow, I was wrong!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.