Gentleman spikes co-workers' drinks with LSD because they were "too uptight"

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/03/25/gentleman-spikes-co-workers.html

4 Likes

I recall this happening in a Charles de Lint novel as a way of kidnapping someone from a big party at an art studio.

The perpetrator was a great villain.

7 Likes

c0-workers?

Silicone based lifeforms or not: someone please call Detritus. I heard he has some surprisingly convincing arguments against dosing someone. (Or yourself.)

7 Likes

Great version of St. Stephen on the actual show -

3 Likes

That’s a really big asshole move. Not cool nor funny.

30 Likes

*read

“Should have [read] timothy leary…”

Detritus has a one-step drug program: because he won’t let you put a foot wrong.

5 Likes

Nothing keeps on giving like…

However, the possibilities that LSD can result in … chromosomal damage have been reported.

Hey, Missouri is in the neewwwsaaaww god damn it.

4 Likes

How come this never happens to me, I wouldn’t have gone to the hospital but to the park, the movies, etc., where I could have fully utilized that wonderful drug to the fullest.

A hospital is the last place you want to be be during a trip anyway, talk about a horror scenario, that and the only thing they can do for you is give you a shit ton of Diazepam and hope you pass out as there really is no known counteracting drug available. You just have to ride the ride.

I’m not saying it wasn’t a dick move either, because it was and this guy deserves everything coming to him. Especially giving it to someone who has never done it before as you need people around you that you trust and can help you through your trip. That is why the hospital must have been terrible for them, OMG, I can’t even imagine. I tripped once on a 13 hour flight and that sucked, interesting, but sucked none the less, thankfully I had my VR headset for my Samsung phone to disappear into. Which by the way I highly recommend, just not 30000 feet in the air.

Oh and don’t do drugs kids.

BS, first, that is for a habitual users who on average must consume acid every week for 10 years, I read the report. Even than it’s highly unlikely. Your brain would fry way before the chemical gets you anyway. Drooling and crapping while you stare blankly into the abyss.

1 Like

Ugh; the choice to alter one’s conscious perception should always be just that:

AN ACTIVE CHOICE OF FREE WILL.

Never give anyone drugs without their knowledge and consent.

44 Likes

8ae

25 Likes

Yeah, but someone who has to deal with Slab, Gongers, and Slack may not even recognize LSD as a drug.

3 Likes

A 19-year-old Enterprise Rent-A-Car employee from Missouri decided to unwittingly dose his co-workers with LSD because they had “negative energy.”

jah, well, this is not how it works, mate.

so does smoking, drinking, sunburn and probably a lot of drugs…where is this quote coming from?

8 Likes

This had me confused. How did he unwittingly dose his co-workers? I thought, “perhaps he added something without knowing what it actually was?”

Then the article linked implied he knew what he was doing, and what he was doing it with. That’s when I realized you meant the co-workers were the unwitting ones.

Hopefully this gets his urge to dose people without their consent out of his system.

I also can’t help hoping he’s not a serial bar-going/club-hopping “gentleman”, with that “helpful” attitude.

1 Like

Band name or law firm? You decide.

8 Likes

Not at all a fan of non-consensual drugging (that’s fucked up!), but a hospital is in the top 5 places you do not want to be while on hallucinogens.

4 Likes

Citation or GTFO.

Citation or GTFO.

6 Likes

While you and @Charles_Alden bring up a good point, that a hospital is a bad place to be while tripping balls, since they didn’t know what they had been dosed with, it makes total sense to take them to the hospital.

Hopefully it wasn’t too traumatic, but I certainly see why they went.

9 Likes