What we know about explosive devices sent to Democratic targets

Lol well that was a terse reply.

It is surprising a common non-swear word would be censored in a forum. So no that’s not the answer. Turns out it’s a funny joke yes. But still surprising the particular word in question, that means wet, and rhymes with joist would be censored.

it is sensible to post or broadcast methods that will not actually lead to harm. I noticed on “Breaking Bad”, methods used to make explosives or poisons were described in some detail, but flawed, probably deliberately.
Posting fake methods for building bombs will not stop methodical and skilled maniacs, but could certainly render impulsive bombers like Sayoc more or less harmless.

Speaking of what sort of person the bomber is, here is some of his self published biography:
“Career decision of becoming a Horse Doctor was always a love for animals, which were here first and never do anything to anyone. And respect all living things. My family very sound Sayoc name in Medical field Grandfather Col. Baltazar Zook Sayoc that perfect the conversion oriental eye to Americanize. The first plastic surgeon to be observed by 8 million people in NY city Hospital. He over through Communist Philippines liberated island. He built all hospitals in Philippines islands and sets standards highest level. Most surgeon use his instruments which are patented. And a lot surgeon use today. Also Sayoc intl. schools marshals arts Kali that used to over throw communist party . Also one 5 Hero’s disciplinary my mother Madeline Sayoc Giardiello First president Pharmacy Cosmetic Association, Who Who Business Women of Year, Soul buyer consultant for Home Shopping Network, head number 1 marketing consul in World Aventura Marketing consul, up for city counsel women Aventura”

That is some serious word salad. I have neither time nor desire to fact check that delusional mess. Glad he is out of action.

3 Likes

Anyhow, if we look at a violin plot of the empirical distribution of ■■■■■ -frequencies and dry -frequencies (per million words) in the 50 authors surveyed, we see a hint of a bimodal distribution among the ■■■■■ -frequencies:

http://languagelog.ldc.upenn.edu/nll/?p=4389

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.