What we know about sex with Neanderthals

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2021/01/13/what-we-know-about-sex-with-neanderthals.html

7 Likes

Maybe if they find a really old issue of Cosmopolitan?

“10 Tips To Drive Your Neanderthal Wild!”

22 Likes

This totally explains Louis Gohmert.

10 Likes

Listen.

My wife can tell you all about it.

9 Likes

Didn;t we learn all about it in this book?

15 Likes

Sixth grade me just blushed furiously and left the room.

8 Likes
11 Likes

We know they liked to get it on after clubbing.

6 Likes

HoarseCloseBrownbear-max-1mb

14 Likes

Ah, yes. Loved the not-so-subtle racism in that one.

3 Likes

Not totally. I think his family has been “keeping its bloodline pure” since Homo Habilis.

4 Likes

Beggars can’t be choosers?

1 Like

I love that they gave the Neanderthal in a suit the Standard Lawyer Haircut. He looks like he could be on Law & Order: Paleolithic Crimes Unit.

6 Likes

But were they good in bed?

6 Likes

Where the goddamn shit can I watch this movie?!?! And how have I not heard of it?! This looks like an actually-entertaining and wonderfully-retro version of 10,000 BC.

1 Like

Short but super athletic.

Also as far as we can tell they were as cultured and caring as any other humans.
It’s still controversial somehow in the west but in the East it was always orthodox paleoanthropology to say that, say, Peking people interbred with modern people. It will be entirely orthodox on the N/W too.

7 Likes

Nasty, brutish, but mercifully short.

4 Likes

It’s been a while since I’ve seen it, but it was very good, IMHO.

6 Likes

Thanks for that link – I was using canistream.it a few years ago and it kind of pooped out I think, I will need to use this JustWatch! Going to grab this flick right away.

I might even watch it tonight – the question is, will I be able to tell the difference between it and what’s on CNN…?

2 Likes

“…modern humans didn’t wipe out the Neanderthals so much as we just absorbed them.”
We are the Borg. I’m conflicted about this.

7 Likes