What will the 25th century call the 21st century?

Cockroaches will develop abstract thought and the ability to communicate in both written and spoken form.

4 Likes

I was going to say exactly the same thing. Except maybe hedge on whether it would be cockroaches or ants.

1 Like

It really is too bad The Onion already used this one for the 20th, because so far the 21st has it beat.

5 Likes

“Our Dumber Century”.

3 Likes

Eerily accurate, if not precisely for the reasons the Star Trek writers envisioned.

2 Likes

Our dumb and dumber century?

2 Likes

probably some sort of chemo-bacteria

1 Like

The great gaslighting

1 Like

In the end, I really liked Too Like the Lightening. It was slow going at first and some of the reading was clunky, but what got me was the beautiful description of the strange and almost perfect future world.

There will be no 25th century since we’ve chosen to do nothing about climate change. Thank you, James Comey and Bernie Bros.

It’s weird that we can see Blattodean dominance as a logical development, yet we are powerless to stop it. They may have already won.

My money is on something along the lines of “The utter shower of shits who fucked up our chance at a livable climate for all future generations in spite of knowing full well what was going on.”

It’s not catchy, but that’ll be the least of our problems in the 25th century.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.