What will the 25th century call the 21st century?

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2017/03/08/beyond-anthroposcene.html

1 Like

I’m fond of the term from Kim Stanley Robinson’s otherwise meh 2312 novel: The Dithering.

5 Likes

Trick question, we don’t make it to the 25th century!

18 Likes

I’m so looking forward to this.

3 Likes

1st Century BZ.

4 Likes

Well, if memory serves, the 24th called it, “The Post Atomic Horror.”

11 Likes

The Hell Century.

The late Human era.

Late Anthropocene

The WTF Century (with entire academic schools of thought fighting over the meaning of each letter).

Middle Property Era

Late Property Era

The Dark Ages

?Thak not read?

5 Likes

Sitting in the middle of a mud puddle, up to your eyeballs in the muck, it’s hard to appreciate that the whole world isn’t also covered in mud. We’re too caught up in the hoopla to have an accurate point of view about it.

4 Likes

Too Like the Lightning kind of lost me with the secret baroque brothel stuff . It really interrupted the flow of an interesting story.

1 Like

25 century? That’s cute.

4 Likes

The Terra Era (thanks, shrub).

3 Likes

Dark Ages 2: Electric Boogaloo

7 Likes

Unfortunately we can’t translate from cockroach (who will be writing history in the 25th century and also perfecting time travel to answer this very question for us).

6 Likes

I’m only interested in the half century before that.

6 Likes

Gah, beaten to the snark.

1 Like

There’s 83 years of this century left. Do we have to name it something now?

4 Likes

Of course we do.

I suggest Winnifred.

9 Likes

For the sake of the far future generations, I hope it won’t be called “The good old days.”

4 Likes

Go on, it’s not a competition!

Anyway, you don’t want to be that person. I can say with great certainty that I’ve never been complimented on my sunny disposition.

1 Like

Era of the Small Hands.

4 Likes