What you will observe is a vast wasteland

My theory is that time travel stories are much cheaper to produce if they take place in the modern day.

In more or less the same way that old BBC sci-fi shows were much cheaper to produce if they were set on worlds which look like rock quarries. :wink:

Will be interested in your take on the show once you’re further in!

5 Likes

Like how North American sci-fi is cheaper if the planets all look like Southern California desert (sure why not) or like British Columbia pine forest (that gets weird, it’s such a specific biome).

When they shot Farscape in Australia it was at least plausible for the protagonists to always land on tropical beaches … I mean, if you had a choice, that’s where you would go, right?

I don’t know why they are not making ten different space opera shows on the Big Island of Hawaii, it’s got everything you could want. Even Hadean Volcano World is available …

3 Likes

I have some of these, as well as chipotle spice bouillon cubes:

Not a little regional or specialty store, but Jungle Jim’s, Fairfield OH. By far the largest supermarket I’ve ever been in. Makes Meijer superstores look like corner shops.

3 Likes

This might be deja’ vu since I think I posted this before.

For the longest time, we never had a TV. We would download stuff, watch it on the computer and then delete it. Someone gifted us a TV and we hooked up the computer and did the same thing (we did watch the Super Bowl using rabbit ears, but outside of that). Now we have TV through Comcast and the only people that really watch it are the kids that we look after. We watch stuff that we download and then delete it. We recently signed up with Netflix and have Amazon Prime so why should we watch TV anymore?

1 Like

From the Knorr website, the ingredients:

Salt
Monosodium Glutamate
Sugar
Hydrogenated Palm Oil
Corn Starch
Dehydrated Cilantro
Dehydrated Spinach
Ground Bay Leaf
Disodium Inosinate
Disodium Guanylate
Tapioca Dextrin
Artificial Flavor

The order suggests that dehydrated cilantro is a very small percentage of the cube.

Meanwhile, you can buy these in the frozen section of some stores:

84% chopped cilantro
Canola oil
corn starch
sea salt
lemon concentrate

From the Dorot website:

We are sold at the following retailers – Albertsons, Dierbergs, Foodtown, Giant, Harris Teeter, Kings, Raley’s, Ralphs, Randalls, Safeway, Save Mart, Schnucks, Shaw’s, ShopRite, Stater Bros., Stop & Shop, TomThumb, Tops, Trader Joe’s, Vons, Wegmans, Weis and Whole Foods. Please use our store locator to find exact store locations. We are found in the frozen vegetable aisle.

Are you a Walmart shopper? Look for our sister brand, Pop & Cook, in the frozen veggie aisle as well. Pop & Cook offers similar fresh frozen Garlic and Herb products but is sold exclusively at Walmart.

4 Likes

I should have read further before posting about the frozen cubes. Yes, camping and RVing make them a deal-breaker.

3 Likes

<-- Just listening to some preacher …

oops,  it's a U.S. Official in Cambodia....

1 Like

More or less accurate, depending on where you’re watching from?

3 Likes

Especially if you watch with a hydrogen alpha filter.

2 Likes

OK then, finished the first season. Wikipedia says there will be a second in six months or so.

It started out like: We’re gonna do Jason Bourne + time machines + demonic possession!

That sounds pretty cool. They should’ve just stuck with that, I think.

At first they had a rule to not talk about the apocalyptic future. Each viewer could imagine whatever we want, and it wouldn’t threaten our suspension of disbelief like it wouldf they went into too much detail.

By the end, it was like, SURPRISE, things are not what you thought! The organization is not THING, it is actually OTHER THING, and it is opposed by THIRD THING! How about THAT?

And the characters don’t know where their orders are coming from! That’s a good way to build dramatic tension, RIGHT?

Except WAIT! They don’t know which side they should be supporting ANYWAY! Um, but that UNDERMINES the tension you just took a bunch of huge risks to build, guys :confused:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.