Whatcha Playin'? Continue?

All of my Baldur’s Gate 3 characters, in every cutscene:

b3241a2f284b89609f78c8d3bcae37e3

And done, Like a Dragon complete. Not really feeling the end game, since the major content there is a new way stronger dungeon and I’ve had more than enough grinding. So on to something else, not sure what I’ll settle on since I’m waiting on Starfield.

Only two Yakuza games left, Lost Judgement and Ishin. The next one is out in November, so completing the series feels like a seriously Sisyphean task.

Took a look at Book of Hours posted by @anon52120741, looks like a variant on Cultist Simulator, same devs. Maybe I’ll go back to the original, I keep bouncing off that.

Thinking about Baldur’s Gate from the beginning, but with Starfield on the horizon, I’ve really been waffling on that.

2 Likes

A friend just mentioned he’s enjoyed playing Stray Gods and so far recommends it. I like the concept so much that I’ll definitely be giving it a go sometime.

But I’m not sure I’ll enjoy it more than the last game incorporating musical elements into it…

ETA: Annoyed I couldn’t upload my own GIF of Conker’s Bad Fur Day and also the GIF available here is somehow too large to show.

3 Likes

This surprised me popping up in my Steam Recommendations today! I have not been especially following the Glorantha games, because it always seems like there is no way another one of them is going to get made, and yet here is another one! The games are hard to describe - tribe and religious group management (settling disputes between groups, buying and selling stuff, managing crops and livestock), some warfare and diplomacy with other tribes, re-enact myths during Heroquests to gain divine favor. You know, typical bronze age life.

The games a a weird mashup of play styles and genres, but somehow it works.

That said, I would kill for an open world game set in Glorantha using the RuneQuest ruleset

Vampire Survivors on the Switch has gotten me re-addicted to the game. Especially now that I can do couch co-op with the kids. Only problem is that it has revealed just how bad my joycon drift is. My next plan is to get a pro controller and send in the con for repairs. I’m too impatient to wait for it to come back and not play things in the meantime.

1 Like

If you play undocked a lot, I can strongly recommend the Hori Split Pad Pro. Waaayyy more comfortable than joycons, but there’s some tradeoffs - no wireless, no NFC, no motion control, no vibration.

2 Likes

After getting the Switch, I got some cheap joycons from 5 Below that work alright in handheld mode. No motion control and they don’t fit into the grip, but they’ll otherwise get the portable job done while my library of games is meager. But I hear the Pro is just much more comfortable overall, and I want something for playing docked and a few feet away from the console.

This isn’t the first Split Pad endorsement I’ve heard, though. I’m just looking to invest in something that I already want and will continue to be my primary controller when docked.

1 Like

Oh I absolutely agree. The A-Sharp games capture very well a lot of the stuff that Greg was interested in about glorantha, and do a really good job of simulating that. As you say the unusual variety and nature of the mechanics that are presented are very strongly shaped my specifically the cultures and ways of living in the dragon’s pass region of Glorantha. To be clear I love all of these games and would not give them up for anything.

I would just also like an open world crpg set in that same region. The Runequest rule set is such a good framework* and Glorantha is such an amazing setting that I would love to see more games of different types come out in that setting. ETA: I would kill to see a Dragon Pass/Nomads of Prax strategy game… or whatever the hell Masters of Luck and Death was going to be…

*Disclosure, I worked on RQ3 and other Chaosium games and I’m definitely biased

2 Likes

I really just wish I could get one with an Xbox layout…

1 Like

There’s currently a 2-for-1 deal on games on Amazon right now. Select titles only, of course.

https://www.amazon.com/promotion/psp/A2E7ICLX5LV22K

3 Likes

Is this a good thing?

1 Like

Depends on how enjoyable those hours are, I guess? I was well over 300 hours before I rolled credits on Tears of the Kingdom, because I didn’t want it to end.

I have hundreds of hours on each of the other Bethesda rpgs as well, so if it’s enjoyable I want to stay in that world for a long time.

Of course if I’m not enjoying it…

Then at least I got it off Game Pass

2 Likes

I don’t regret any hours that I put into Skyrim, but my wife may think differently. :wink:

2 Likes

Which one? As long as your Skyrim spouse still loves you, I wouldn’t worry about it

1 Like

Copied straight out of the patch notes, gif and all. God, this game is horny on main! I really really like it

"Patch 1 also tackles a few visual bugs, and sprinkles on more post-launch polish. We’re bringing back Short King Summer with better kissing contact for short races!

ezgif-4-183e62a30f

1 Like

I’ve hardly had the chance to play these last two weeks, and totally missed out on chatting about how horny BG3 is.
im-fine-little-boy
Dammit. I hope you’re good.

Subscription price hike is imminent for PlayStation Plus. I don’t like that at all.

They’ve been slammed so much already on the value of the highest tier, I wonder how many subs they’ll lose over it

Probably not enough. I don’t see any decisions made by subscriptions services really doing enough to turn customers away, no matter how much we complain.

https://store.epicgames.com/en-US/p/cave-story-plus

That’s free at the moment. Remember loving it back in the day.

2 Likes