Whatcha Watchin' (Season 2)

I’m still trying to figure out how machines manage to be evil…

4 Likes

A diabolical subroutine? A nefarious bug?

someone sucks GIF

6 Likes

Man programs machine.
Evil comes out.

:woman_shrugging:t3:

10 Likes

We have examples of these algorithms from social networks.

8 Likes

Killbot Likes this.

7 Likes
4 Likes

Odd to say I enjoyed a movie on this topic, but I did.

9 Likes

so looking forward to this…

Peter Dinklage as Toxie… perfection. Also… they better have the car flip in there…

6 Likes

And then it blowed up real good!

7 Likes

Exactly! It’s guaranteed to be in every Troma movie… although I don’t remember if it ever showed up in the Toxic Avenger cartoon?

7 Likes
1 Like

I can’t pull up more than the first 2 paragraphs!

Ah ha, here we go:

https://archive.md/uELeH

3 Likes

There’s a lot of food for thought there. I don’t think the two arguments/articles cancel each other out. If anything, they help each other show how complex trauma can be, in art or real life.

2 Likes

The new one isn’t really an action movie at all—it’s more like a supernatural horror film where cops and Neo’s psychiatrist are the monsters

The heroes don’t win anything by fighting harder, it’s all about “waking up” and believing in themselves

Oh, wow; I didn’t even really dig Tromaville stuff all like that back in the day, but this sounds fascinating!

3 Likes

I mean, lots of Troma films are just really bad films… but lots of them are so bad they are good. And you got to love Lloyd Kaufman’s independent spirit.

toxic avenger spaz GIF by Troma Entertainment

5 Likes

I’ll be prepared to lay this year to rest tonight! :champagne: :partying_face:
Amazon:

Netflix:

6 Likes

Too on the nose to fully enjoy and to be honest it doesn’t really go far enough anyway, is there anything in this film that comes close to a US President recommending bleach injections? Reality being beyond satire and all that. Mark Rylance’s performance as a tech billionaire is remarkable and creepy as hell - can’t imagine who they based that on, a character who just spews out unproven “solutions” and treats the rest of humanity as a distraction at best. :man_shrugging:

The negative reviews of it are entertaining for how much they seem to miss the point entirely.

9 Likes

I lowered my expectations before going in, then had fun, and appreciated the message(s). I hope what it has to say sinks through some heads that need it.

A composite of Musk and Zuck, I thought, just like Streep’s prez echoes several “leaders.” Though I know you may be joking.

7 Likes

No, i think that’s exactly it. You could find many tech bro billionaire traits in his character i’m sure, having the personality of a small child is certainly intended i think. I loved that they gave Streep’s president a tramp stamp because of course she has one.

6 Likes