Whatcha Watchin' (Season 2)

RIP Ignacio Vargas.

3 Likes

This looks like it’s going to be a comedy, and I hope Robbie brings the energy to it the way she did for her other films.

6 Likes

What the…

:exploding_head:

6 Likes

I mean, if they can do something similar to the Brady Bunch films, I’m all for it.

3 Likes
6 Likes

They had BETTER make reference to her constantly changing series of jobs (Doctor, Game Designer, Astronaut, Pet Vet, etc.) and the vast number of degrees that she must have in order to have had all those jobs. I like the idea of a Barbie that is ridiculously smart, accomplished and just gets bored really fast after she masters something. She better ride a horse at least once too

8 Likes

Or maybe it’s yet another multiverse movie that uses multiple timelines to explain Barbie’s improbably wide range of career paths.

8 Likes

happy good mythical morning GIF by Rhett and Link

7 Likes

Clearly Barbie is a Time Lord

7 Likes

Still, it should be noted that Barbie is currently becoming more and more “woke”, so if the story has some positive messages (or even some good snark) about body image and perception, sexism, and patriarchal society, there’s no time like the present.

7 Likes

I think that would be great - note that I like that barbie can do anything she wants and that she has all these careers.

Also, I learned the other day that one of the (3-D?) animated series does mine this for humor, with her occasionally having to duck out on a beach trip with friends because the current President needs to consult with her, or an episode where she gets her driver’s licence and her sister says “Wait, weren’t you a racecar driver?”

5 Likes

Barbie Infinite™

10 Likes

Every Barbie, Everywhere, All at Once

10 Likes

Shut up, take my money.

8 Likes

The “we need guns” scene from The Matrix except it’s a closet with every outfit ever made.

9 Likes

Also “I know kung fu. And cookery. And driving. And surfing. And…”

8 Likes

Ken: “Skipper’s been shot!”

Barbie: “Stand back. I’m a surgeon”

8 Likes

Let’s hope that Skipper stays in that role! :grimacing:
ETA: I’ve probably watched too much Robot Chicken, MADtv, and SNL:

4 Likes

Creditless opening sequence from the new Star Trek show “strange new worlds”
There may or may not have been tears of joy on my face this morning watching this.

9 Likes

The theremin at the end…

Star Trek Yes GIF

8 Likes