Whatcha Watchin' (Season 2)

This looks good. Not sure when I’ll be able to watch it, but it’s going on the list:

2 Likes

This reminds me of Montenegro’s 2012 Eurovision song by Rambo Amadeus, Euro Neuro…

1 Like

Better call saul.

So good to see hank and gomie again. Even though i accidentally saw it on the denofgeek home page beforehand, why they couldn’t put that behind a cut just defeats me.

1 Like

So glad to see ongoing love for a series that really blew TV out of the water, back in the day:

3 Likes

Interesting! Although I wonder, weren’t there other series prior to Buffy experiementing with season long arcs? Deep Space Nine and Babylon Five come to mind, as do Lexx… or hell, even Twin Peaks (though people were not ready for that back in 1992, I think). I think I’d argue that the success of Buffy made people take notice of having those longer, more complex storytelling in TV, making others more likely to try the same.

What’s happened to the new series? Have you heard anything?

2 Likes

No, unfortunately, but I don’t usually read that part of my newsfeed. Guess I should, huh?!

2 Likes

I’ll have to see if I can dig up new info…

2 Likes

Avenue 5, Hugh Laurie in space. Good times.

2 Likes

The Walking Dead, episode 12 (latest).

All I can say is that was certainly a surprise.

I find it fascinating how broadcasters, streamers, podcasters are having to retool their output to take into account social distancing. So, we’re reduced elevated to watching stephen colbert doing a one man show in his bathtub or the weirdness of watching wrestling with no audience. The bbc have suspended all filming so while they could roll out some amazing stuff from the archives apparently they are going to be also broadcasting a lot of public information stuff like recipes and exercise regimes. I watch a lot of tested videos but gone is the fancy filming and now we’re left with adam savage just sat at his work table live-streaming himself putting together a 1:8 ecto-1 model and it’s actually kind of great, a real balm to these troubling times. I’d recommend skipping part 1 though, it suffered no end of problems with buffering and packet loss.

Eaglemoss need to send him the entire model, stat!

1 Like

Finally got around to seeing Baby Driver! Despite having Kevin Spacey, it’s a fun movie. There was a blink and miss it cameo from Killer Mike and Big Boi… Here is a shot from the set, in the film, you only see Spacey with the two of them in shadow, from behind - I only caught Killer Mike at first:

It’s always nice to see a movie both filmed and set in the ATL.

Some locations here:

The shots at Dahlberg hall are funny in part because that road is one way, and they shoot it as a two way street (you can see that location in the picture there, including a car parked going the wrong way).

Also… the soundtrack was fantastic! And I’m glad they included the short with Noel Fielding on the DVD.

9 Likes

Following on from the 4od app discussion in the corona thread, I went looking on it the other day to see if there was anything to watch. If you like Fleabag I think you will also like her earlier (TV, Fleabag was already a theatre hit) show “Crashing” notionally about a Co-living space in a disused hospital it’s really pretty much Fleabag. She barely maintains interest in the other characters to be honest. So we found in fairly gross, repellent, full of diskikeable characters, and laugh out loud funny.
I hadn’t even heard of it before.

Finally got around to watching watchmen and what a watch that is.

5 Likes

Despite the cringeyness I certainly enjoyed it, thought it was like Fleabag but without Fleabag’s especially depressing storyline. But you’re right it’s quite funny. A great wacky cast of characters besides Phoebe Waller-Bridge. I don’t think I ever laughed as hard at sharting.

1 Like

Better call saul S05E06

Holy shit.

The jimmy mask has now finally fallen off and saul is revealed…

We’ve been so concerned about what happens to kim in this story, knowing that jimmy’s influence probably doesn’t end well for her, but to see jimmy himself take her down was really heartbreaking to watch. That was maximum saul right there.

3 Likes

Finally watched Birds of Prey and enjoyed it WAY more than I’d expected to.

9 Likes

Told ya!

6 Likes

The animated series finished this week. But there is a live action version coming.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keep_Your_Hands_Off_Eizouken!

2 Likes

You did!

Nevertheless it’s a DC movie; I can’t be blamed for having low expectations.

4 Likes

The way they used Hocus Pocus by Focus was hilarious!

5 Likes