Whatcha Watchin’ (Season 3)

Has Missing Link (2019) been mentioned on BB per BB BBS? I just started it, and I think @pesco would like it.

Am I the only one who thought that The Night Agent was totally meh? I mean, Jack Ryan can be pretty dumb, but Night Agent made Jack Ryan look like Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy by comparison.

1 Like
7 Likes

It took me a while to get to this, but now I’m kicking myself for waiting so long.

So much to love about this show, like the soundtrack, the art and animation (think Dexter’s Laboratory 2.0), and so much educational and positive messaging. :heart:

Alfre Woodard! Sasheer Zamata! Laurence Fishburne! Gary Anthony Williams! Jermaine Fowler! Craig Robinson!

5 Likes

Well then, I think “Beef” is great!

Good acting, good characters, unpredictability, often very funny, other times moving. A billionaire chopped in half. The ending works great for me too. What’s not to like!

6 Likes

I was definitely surprised by the plot - multiple times. :+1:t4: That scene you blurred made me cringe at first, because it meant someone would disregard obvious design and safety concerns, but then I realized what you summed up perfectly. She was so horrible it probably never occurred to her that she wouldn’t be the one pushing the button.

3 Likes

Definitely unpredictable, with an ambiguous ending. Did I see it right— in the last split second did his arm come up to embrace her?

2 Likes

Yeah, I rolled back the video to see that again in case my eyes were playing tricks on me! You are correct. :+1:t4:

2 Likes

I agree. Made me think, Ah they’re setting up Season 2. I predict it will open with them in a relationship.

2 Likes

I fear for everyone in their orbit! :grimacing:

Bruce Banner Hulk GIF by Harborne Web Design Ltd

1 Like

I know I’m late to this one but Little Mosque On The Prarie is awesome. It’s our new dinner time entertainment.

We also tried Jury Duty. It’s not that great but we can’t look away. It a fake trial with way off the wall characters playing a prank on the only jury member that’s not in on the joke.

It’s on Freevee with new episodes every Friday.

2 Likes

Is it just me, or did that The Mandalorian season finale feel kind of like a series finale? I’m fairly certain there’s another season in the works, but it would come across as a natural stopping point if they left it like this.

1 Like

Excited Schitts Creek GIF by CBC

11 Likes

Definitely felt that. I even feel it was the end of the first ‘book’ since it has all been chapters so far.

1 Like

They did tie up all the loose ends but they also left plenty of room for a cameo or two in the Ashoka show or other future spinoffs.

I was a little thrown by the ”I’d like to adopt him” bit though. I kinda figured that was a given by now?

2 Likes

Mrs. Davis is a weird show. Deeply. Weird.

I think Peacock might be my favorite streaming service now

6 Likes

Oh, that looks good. :grinning:

ETA: Just watched ep1, can agree - deeply weird and marvellous.

I’m in.

4 Likes

Do you remember how much people shat on the service when it first launched? I’m certainly not going to say it’s great after it cancelled three shows I enjoyed, but it’s hardly terrible. They’ve greenlighted some good stuff.

2 Likes

Really enjoyable watching Jimmy McGill having a very bad day.

5 Likes