Whatcha Watchin’ (Season 3)

The Handmaid’s Tale as a reality TV show

5 Likes

So, basically every single episode of Better Call Saul?

(I’m just finishing up season 6, watching DVDs I got from the library because I’m tired of waiting for it to arrive on Netflix.)

2 Likes

Yes, but i don’t remember him taking on the Mexican cartel single handed with a bunch of improvised weapons - usually Mike’s job.

1 Like

It’s there now… came up on the 16th, I think?

1 Like

Wait, wasn’t it a Netflix show? It was certainly Netflix exclusive here.

1 Like

It was on AMC, who have their own streaming service now, but they’d already signed contracts for Breaking Bad, BCS, and Walking Dead (though not the spin-off series), which shows up on netflix domestically after the next season premiered and DVDs, etc, are released, etc.

I don’t know when it shows up on Netflix outside the US… You guys also get Star Trek on Netflix, too, correct? All Trek is only on Paramount+ now, so my family waits for the DVDs (which is why I’m always late to the discussion party).

4 Likes

TOS, TNG, DS9, Voyager, and Enterprise, and the animated series are on Netflix (DS9 in an evil crushed down rip). Picard and Lower Decks on Amazon, and Discovery and SNW are I think on Paramount which is now available here. Though I haven’t heard of anyone having it.

I hate the Balkanisation of streaming services!

3 Likes

Are You Shitting Me Star Trek GIF

:face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Sorry… it’s me fave…

Tonight Show Agree GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

3 Likes

I know, I was making you not jealous! I can’t watch it, I get that the quality is problematic in the first place but Netflix’s rip is horrible.

3 Likes

Oh! I get it! You’re saying the quality on netflix sucks… :+1:

They had thought about fixing it up for a blu-ray release like they did with TNG, but then didn’t think it would be cost effective… there are a few scenes that they cleaned up for that documentary, but that’s been it, sadly…

2 Likes

reddit comments on the subject

3 Likes

They didn’t shoot on film as far as I remember so making a modern quality release is more problematic than from film like other Star Trek. That said that isn’t an excuse for how bad the Netflix rip is. As @smulder was pointing out. That would send you off to torrent land for a competent one!

9 Likes

Any attempt to reboot Denver the Last Dinosaur (which this article informs me was already done in 2018?!) displays a pure lack of understanding that the shows only lasting appeal was the cheesy opening theme.

Just started watching. Am intrigued.

3 Likes

I loved this! Would like to see more with that cast.

2 Likes

So this week Mrs. Davis did an entire, one hour episode of exposition. Literally one character bringing two others “up to speed” on “the story so far”.

And it was great

What even is this show, though? Why is Australian Duke Nukem in it?

2 Likes

Roy Wood Jr. at the White House Correspondents’ Dinner :laughing::

7 Likes

I saw the last few minutes, where he was talking about his parents… They showed his mom who was there! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

I saw that, and Biden’s speech. Biden sounded really sharp actually, and Fox news need some cream because they got burned by both of them.

4 Likes