Whatcha Watchin’ (Season 3)

This is a great spooky tale.

3 Likes

… I’m old enough to remember this

3 Likes

Gotta add The Long Kiss Goodnight to my alternative Christmas movie list:

5 Likes

It’s Christmas, so it’s hogfather tonight!!!

from

6 Likes

Really enjoying this, the episode i watched today where she learns all her co-worker’s names was just golden. There’s a deep melancholia about the whole series that i’m here for - someone determined not to be told how to achieve happiness and finding their own contentment in the mundane.

2 Likes

Wes, you went full Anderson. Everybody knows you never go full Anderson.

3 Likes

I saw that on a flight recently. It is Anderson’s worst film.

4 Likes

Bleh. I gave up on his tedious efforts a long time ago.

3 Likes

it was as if Wes Anderson made a self consciously Wes Anderson movie.
i hated it and i love Wes Anderson movies!

2 Likes

Even the actors seemed to be bored.

2 Likes

Same here. I gave up around halfway through.

2 Likes

You bumped the movie to top of list for me, so I watched it late on Christmas Day. It’s such a well done film. And that ending (which I read that some critics saw as a shortcoming) was perfect.

2 Likes

I’d recently watched Godzilla vs. Kong because it was on Netflix and i thought why not, but it’s instantly forgettable and i had no interest in, what i thought was, yet another CG stuffed videogame with paper thin characters. Word of mouth seemed to be building its reputation as a must-see film and after going to see it tonight i gotta agree because i loved it, this thing has real heart to it. I can’t even fathom how they made this on a relatively small budget.

10 Likes

Sim, sim. This part of the Cartoon is really cool and touching. She’s not an edgy idiot doing meaningless things or a badass having crazy adventures lá ke many cartoon characteres these days. On the contrary, she wants and seeks meaning in life, for herself and for others.

I liked Godzilla Minus One too. What a nice movie. I remember watching kaiju movies just to laugh at the lame effects and absurd scripts. This new film made me pay attention to the scenes on the big screen and let go of that blasé teenage attitude. This is a good film, with a well-written script and themes that concern all of us in the 21st century.

6 Likes

animators are usualy extremly underpaid in japan, guess the same goes for cgi artists;

2 Likes

Yes, unfortunately. I am aware that VFX artists around the world are overworked and underpaid. To get the CG in the film looking this good for that budget i fear they suffered many crunch days for a pittance.

5 Likes

Has anyone watched OddTaxi? I’m two episodes in, so far…

where does one look to find this? i am intrigue.

It’s on Crunchy Roll, but you can probably find it on something like Amazon?

Here’s a trailer…

1 Like

oh, my!
that does look promising!
thanks for the share!

1 Like