Whatcha Watchin’ (Season 3)

8 Likes

You beat me to it! I’ve not read everything they’ve been in, like the short mini-series with them in it.

I wonder how much Death will be in it!!!

3 Likes

Thanks. I’m going to talk about it to some design history friends of mine and pretend all that was what I noticed.
I’ll then nod sagely when they talk about all the other things I don’t know anything about.

3 Likes

I would imagine she doesn’t have to actually be there a lot to be a Presence.

I was telling younger child (the baby bat) about this trailer, and they said “But Death is really nice!”, to which I responded, “True, but I don’t think they’re planning on hanging around to find out.”

Where she’s there, I would bet that the boy’s main intention is to be somewhere else.

2 Likes

She’s in the trailer… She’s going to appear at least once…

2 Likes
1 Like

Be sure to also mention that to my/your disappointment they added a buckle to the hat of a character to denote that he is a hopelessly old-fashioned puritan. No such thing in the real world.

2 Likes

I rely on you for details like that. How am I to look informed without?

2 Likes

I’m all in for that, thanks for the trailer.

2 Likes

I’ve only recently subscribed to Netflix, but I can recommend “One Piece” if you want something light-and-big-hearted. I think it’s based on a manga (or anime), but to me it’s Huckleberry Finn meets Baron Munchausen by way of Big Fish. (the currency is even called berry - they did this on purpose for sure).

And while I’m here, has anyone seen the Norwegian series Ragnarok?
I’m only 30mins into the first episode, but it’s looking good.

4 Likes

No, but do please keep us posted!

1 Like

RE: Ragnarok
i did see it and it was very good, funny at times even a bit silly, but it leaves you wanting more and subsequent seasons have yet to materialize.
all in all, it was quite enjoyable.
cheers :beers:

3 Likes

Both the anime and manga go on forever. The season of the live action condensed nearly 50 episodes of the anime. The anime would have fights that go on for like 4 or 5 episodes sometimes!

I enjoyed it! Jinx @FloridaManJefe!

coca cola coke GIF

3 Likes

I don’t know where you are, but Netflix.au has three seasons of Ragnarok.

3 Likes

good to know that there are some more.

where am i? not Norway nor apparently, Australia. could be i watched two seasons, but it has been some time and many other series viewed ago.

2 Likes

Thanks to my VPN, I’m still getting Australian articles in my newsfeed, so maybe I can see all 3 Ragnarok seasons too.

4 Likes

I looked up Irish language films on youtube and found this short film…

:sob: :sob: :sob: :sob:

4 Likes

It didn’t really even need the subtitles, did it?

3 Likes

Yeah, pretty spare dialogue!

2 Likes

I don’t know if the reluctance to directly talk about emotionally difficult problems is a universal human trait, or if that’s just an aspect of my Irish cultural ancestry that got passed down to my family, but that entire story felt very familiar even though I haven’t been through that specific situation.

3 Likes