Whatcha Watchin’ (Season 3)

Binged it last night … as a neurospicy audience, we really liked it.

The people we love won’t ever understand how hard it can be to do these things, but we do them anyway. For them.

(In Australia it’s available through SBS On Demand.)

2 Likes

I guess we’re unlikely to ever get another David Lynch film or TV series ever again. That seriously bums me out. All that smoking does eventually catch up with you.

6 Likes

… I wonder if they’re re-running this on PBS now because of the riots in the UK, or if it’s just a coincidence

1 Like

Basically Russell T Davies is making it clear if you see a future society with all white people, something is wrong.

8 Likes

After looking at numerous reaction/response videos to this episode (the best IMO were from Geek Council and Girls of Galifey), I was inundated by the holy YouTube algorithm with “Racist against white people,” “Anti-Christian,“ “Doctor Who hates the fans,” “Cancel the show now” etc fucking bullshit takes.

YouTube is pushing white supremacy viewpoints even to ME, mister long-ass history of Contrapoints, ThoughtSlime, Hbomber etc. I can only shudder to imagine what less “plugged in to the left” people are being fed.

3 Likes

I too sometimes get right wingers in my YT feed, when I watch/listen to similar types of folks… it’s annoying… I hate the algorithm.

4 Likes

I get a very mixed bag of suggestions from YT, sometimes leading me down interesting rabbit holes, but sometimes offering obvious offensive tripe, even if I have never clicked on anything related.

If the garbage is coming from repeat offenders, so the channel is recognizable, I’ve had some luck reducing the volume by telling YT not to recommend the channel.

Most people probably know this, but I only found out last year. For anyone not familiar with the process:

To the right of the title of each video is a set of three vertical dots. Click on this symbol and you will get this menu.

Click “Don’t recommend channel” and you’re done. It does seem to help.

7 Likes

I can’t tell if this is going to be any good or not, but I’m leaning towards good at the moment.

2 Likes

Finished A Good Girls Guide to Murder.

I haven’t read the original novels and have limited experience with YA mysteries, but I can’t help but get Veronica Mars vibes from the series. Save for it being British and main character Pippa actually having friends from jump, it seems like a mix of plots from the show. Maybe it’s just a bunch of YA tropes I’m unaware of? But then again, “the perfect stakeout snack” named in this series is marshmallows – which coincidentally is the nickname for Veronica Mars fans.

It’s an enjoyable six episode series, though. Not what I consider a fair mystery because viewers aren’t presented with enough evidence to solve the mystery faster or as fast Pip. I’ve learned to accept that’s not the point, so I had fun with it.

4 Likes

This is cute.

4 Likes

I feel like I’ve seen Jon Bernthal in a few things (what, exactly, I do not know), but I have no idea who Deborah Ann Wohl is. I liked the discussion about D&D. The look on Bernthal’s face when she told him that she is an introvert who goes into the kitchen and washes dishes to avoid talking to people at Hollywood parties. :laughing:

3 Likes

They were both in the Netflix Daredevil and Punisher series, and are in the new Disney+ Daredevil: Born Again series. Deborah Ann Wohl was first most known for True Blood, and Bernthal for the Walking Dead. Bernthal plays the Punisher in the Marvel shows, and Wohl plays Karen Page, one of Daredevil’s sidekicks and occasional love interest.

Fun facts about Bernthal: He is married to the daughter niece of professional wrestler Kurt Angle, and his brother is married to former Facebook COO Sheryl Sandberg.

3 Likes

He was on the first couple of seasons of Walking Dead and he played the Netflix Punisher… He has a very cop look about him…

Not sure about Deborah Ann Woll, tho.

Jinx @danimagoo

Happy Summer GIF by The Coca-Cola Company South East Africa

3 Likes

Muppettreasure

Because why not

7 Likes

The protagonist barely speaks, not much happens on the screen or behind it, and yet there is so much there in that clipping of the daily life of a Japanese janitor and his repetitive routine of cleaning public bathrooms, reading used books and listening to old songs on cassette tapes.

Mr. Hirayama seems to be satisfied with his almost ascetic life, but something is not quite right, as some cracks in his apparent zen lifestyle can be noticed from time to time.

5 Likes

So excited for this!

No matter what people thought of Tron: Legacy, the soundtrack by Daft Punk is pretty much perfect for it. Nine Inch Nails is easily my favorite band. I worry that they won’t make as iconic and perfect soundtrack for the film, but I’m always happy for more official NIN music.

Oh, I guess I’m looking forward to the movie, too. It’s got a fairly good cast behind it, for the most part.

2 Likes

Forgettable as a story but fun as an extended Daft Punk music video.

3 Likes

having been thrilled with Ross and Reznor’s other film and tv scores I am 100% for this. Amd count me in the minority who enjoyed the film Tron Legacy as much as the soundtrack.

4 Likes

I enjoyed it as well. And it was one of the few films where the 3D added to it.

3 Likes

… the animated series was pretty good

2 Likes