Whatcha Watchin’ (Season 3)

Happy Halloween

… I had forgotten the original George Romero zombies could pick things up and use weapons

also in the first episode of “The Walking Dead” but then the writers changed their minds :thinking:

1 Like

They changed their minds during the last season, and you started to see zombies who could use tools. Some of the spin off shows just appeared on Netflix, so we’ll see if that makes it into the transition to the sequel shows.

1 Like

Went and watched the new Beetlejuice movie.

Overall it was not well written. A few of the sub plots were too easily resolved. The storyline with Beetlejuice’s soul-sucker bride was ultimately unnecessary to what happened. There were many places where there was a gag that should have been hilarious but the audience was dead silent. Wait for it to come out on streaming

Yes we went in semi-cosplay

7 Likes

Tim Burton Halloween GIF by Freeform

4 Likes

Sold! Looking forward to watching it. (Rebel Ridge)

1 Like

I agree with your review.

There was entirely too much going on and most of it was unnecessary. Entire plots and characters could have been removed and the overall story arc would have been exactly the same. Monica Bellucci seemed to be there just because Burton wanted to cast his girlfriend, and Willem Dafoe was largely wasted. There wasn’t enough Michael Keaton. One thing I did appreciate was the sandworm remained just as janky today as it was in the original. There were also some nice Wednesday and Schitt’s Creek winks.

It was a fine movie, but I’d say wait for streaming.

2 Likes

its kinda 6 plots interwoven in one zero-plot, almost like a series of shorts, barely connected through the apperances of keaton, whos beetlejuice is weirdly disconnected from the film and its “story”. its messy and I will not remember much of it a week later, except some really great bits and some great performances. it was better than I expected it to be (the set-design is top-notch, same as the 1988 film and without those ugly cgi-wastelands of burtons worst films of the 2000s), and yeah, wait for the stream or oneself could :pirate_flag: the excellent cam, which almost looks and sounds like a pretty good rip from a dvd.

1 Like

in a way its more “mainstream” than those two other films and not as mean and brutal, but great for what it is. I much appreciated the lack of the somewhat usual nihilism of the earlier films of his.

1 Like

Oh so that’s why the suburban front lawns were still nicely manicured during the zombie apocalypse.

2 Likes

if you have never had the pleasure, I highly recommend:

I am not much of a zombie fan in general, but this film is fun.

2 Likes

Wait, now Monica Bellucci’s his girlfriend? This motherfucker I swear… did he trade his soul and talent to the devil to get all the hot gothy chicks or what?

2 Likes

Amber Ruffin, now involved with TWO late night comedy shows:

5 Likes

I still miss her show, tho!

Late Night Black History Month GIF by Peacock

5 Likes

… they just keep coming, they never stop

Night Of The Living Dead Horror GIF

2 Likes

… standard cop show, but starring a deaf actor

:astonished:

Holy hell.

Fair play to Demi Moore for going there.

7 Likes

ar fheabhas!

2 Likes

Im really looking forward to see this one.

2 Likes

If you’re a fan of Cronenberg-esque body horror then definitely watch it, otherwise stay well away. Thought it had similar vibes to Society which one also needs a strong stomach for.

3 Likes

Almost fifteen years after its release I was able to watch this film. My friends always said it was fun and they were right. I liked the film and I think the script’s artifice of saying that it was all found footage was not necessary, the story stands on its own.

7 Likes