Whatcha Watchin’ (Season 3)

This horrifies me. His performance is repulsively magnificent (or magnificently repulsive) but the character just made my skin crawl. Good video though and it helped me think about that side of the film more, whereas Mark Kermode’s review helped me understand the splatter movie aesthetic while touching on the things she’s talking about. It’s not a Cronenberg pastiche, it just has homages here and there, much like it has homages to Society or The Thing or Titane but takes them and creates something uniquely original.

1 Like

I regret to assure you, but these men exist! especially in entertainment in such positions.

its fantastic! the more I think about it (and I didnt really stop since seeing it) the more I love the film. love it or hate it, it provokes strong reactions and food for thought.

2 Likes

ugh…

:rage:

4 Likes

Watched the new Matlock just to kill time. Of course, Kathy Bates had me completely hooked by the end (warning review contains spoilers):

Slipping Brandon Scott Jones GIF by CBS

2 Likes

I want to watch it, but I think it’s only available via Paramount+, right?

2 Likes

I misread that title as “That 80s Show is Getting a Reboot” and my first thought was “didn’t that show pretty much crash and burn the first time around?”

(Disappointed fan anger intensifies)

matlock

4 Likes

I watched the freebie available on YouTube:

This and The Equalizer will probably drive me to find a Paramount+ free trial next year.

3 Likes

MAX pulled more shows while also bringing back Scooby-Doo movies for Scoobtober. They’re trying to make this a thing somehow. Lots of Scooby all over the place, including getting Svengoolie involved. And the most unexpected thing: a special Halloween episode of Velma.

https://www.animationmagazine.net/2024/09/scooby-doos-scoobtober-returns-for-toon-marathons-exclusive-merch-all-month-long/

1 Like

I fell a little behind on After Midnight this week, and am just now watching this episode:

Tomlinson’s monologue after the Harris/Trump debate was awesome, and her post-VP debate monologue is also pretty great. I love that it isn’t another talk show following the format of all the others (except Meyers who is a unique beast), but she does political commentary so well I kinda wish she could take Fallon’s place and do After Midnight.

Anyway, my main point is, how the hell was the VP debate earlier this week?! That did not happen three days ago. It had to have been last week sometime at least.

3 Likes