Whatcha Watchin' (Season 2)

That’s a good screwdriver, too bad torx had it beat.

Finished this Netflix limited series called Behind Her Eyes…
ohhh brudder.
Go in blind and stick it out until the end.

In that same vein, Dylan’s nameless token Black friend really pissed me off; filming Erin’s assault, chauffeuring Dylan around while he harassed the best friend… idiotic criminal behavior that didn’t benefit himself in any way, yet if charges were ever filed he’d likely face harsher penalties than his White peers.

5 Likes

Just a TVTrope kvetch…War of the Worlds from Fox Studios.

When 9/10ths of the humans of the world are dead, why do some people insist on wearing the same dreary clothes? Go shopping! It’s free!

4 Likes

Amazon promoted this*, so I turned it on for background noise while doing paperwork. Now, half of my paperwork is still unfinished. Watching P!nk at work, with family, striking a balance, and giving a glimpse of what goes into creating a series of unique performances on tour… :astonished:

P!nk: All I Know So Far: Directed by Michael Gracey. With Pink, Remi Bakkar, Khasan Brailsford, Carey Hart. A behind-the-scenes look at P!NK as she balances family and life on the road, leading up to her first Wembley Stadium performance on 2019

*They also had a teaser for Leverage: Redemption, which premieres on July 9th.

4 Likes

14 Likes

That’s a decent 'shoop…

8 Likes

A story, wherein Neil Fucking Gaiman says… “suck it haters…”

neil-gaiman-not-kidding

12 Likes

Fluv him.

5 Likes

Even back in the 90s the dude made a conscious choice to bring in a variety of artists who each brought their own visual interpretations to the characters from one story to the next, so anyone who carries a fixed notion of what they are “supposed” to look like clearly wasn’t much of a fan to begin with.

9 Likes

Wait, isn’t this the same series described upthread as a mess? If so, it looks like yet another case of throwing good money after bad.

2 Likes

I’m going to mention it again: “Everything’s Gonna be Okay”.

Neurodiversity !
Realistic gay relationships!
Asexuality!
Sexual curiosity!
Love!
Bugs!

Yeppers. It still feels weird, him being such a well known author and now show runner. I kind of miss him being just ours here in geekville. But I guess he’s awesome-sauce and has some great stories to tell that enrich our lives, so us geeks can share him, I suppose…

neil gaiman sandman GIF by Pusheen

rupauls drag race bingo GIF

6 Likes

Saw this yesterday. So many basic rules about how to survive a bad situation were broken! I had to stop myself from yelling at the screen a few times. :grimacing:

2 Likes

Evidently, the filmmakers did that on purpose. Best line of the movie:

Mike: No, we’re not splitting up. We’re just gonna go in two different groups.

1 Like

Saw this today. I was worried it was going to ruin what is a wonderfully self-contained first film and saw no need for a sequel but it really builds on the first one i think and it’s absolutely the right decision to focus more on Regan. Cillian Murphy is also a great addition. Amazing sound design as well, every tiny noise bringing with it maximum tension and dread so i would certainly recommend seeing it in a dark moving pictures emporium.

We watched the first episode of The Jeffersons the other night. It’s one of the few shows that I was familiar with from early childhood that she’d never seen. Holy shit, jaws were dropped.

Why did jaws drop, pray tell?

3 Likes

Excited Christina Ricci GIF

I seriously love that woman and wish she were in more films… in my hierarchy of actors of the lady persuasion, Ricci and Winona are neck in neck…

Stranger Things Reaction GIF by SAG Awards

11 Likes