Whatcha Watchin' (Season 2)

I’m not sure how I missed this one, but it’s Florence Pugh, Michael Shannon, and one of the Skarsgards in a John le Carre miniseries. I’ve never seen the George Roy Hill version with Diane Keaton, but I do want to see it and compare the two.

4 Likes

The Minions are still funny. I laughed.

6 Likes

Better Call Saul

This Is How It Ends The End GIF by Breaking Bad

I think they should give those Walt and Jesse characters their own spin-off.

I’m going to miss this show.

2 Likes

Dammit! :angry:

6 Likes

Holy shit, Mark Hamill is a god…

That’s pretty much exactly how he sounded in my head…

Holding Star Wars GIF by Feliks Tomasz Konczakowski

10 Likes

Oh, tomorrow? Tomorrow!

Excited Friday GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

5 Likes

Game Show Yes GIF by ABC Network

Although, we are nearly done with Stranger things, so we probably won’t start it until next week… still. That’s pretty good for my family, as we never start things when they come out anymore…

5 Likes

You gotta watch Paper Girls it’s superior to Stranger Things in every respect except FX budget (unfortunately).

4 Likes

I’ll put it on my list of stuff to watch! I’ve heard good things (though I’ve not gotten around to the comic yet) and am interested…

This blasted age of peak content! :smile:

4 Likes

August 24th

6 Likes

Watched Lightyear last night. It was fine, I guess, although it didn’t feel especially original in any way.

What my kids and I couldn’t get over was this text shown at the opening of the movie:

Nothing about that film seemed like a movie made in the ‘90s, either animated or live-action. The effects were way too advanced, among other things. It would have made a lot more sense to say this movie was based on a cartoon that Andy watched in the ‘90s, or was a remake of a classic movie within the Toy Story universe, or just avoid giving an explanation at all and just let the audience come to their own conclusions.

1 Like

And there would have been a toy of the fucking cat!

4 Likes

Burn Down Jessica Walter GIF

7 Likes

Sandman

Happy Jeff Goldblum GIF by Apartments.com

Just the first episode so far but is anyone else all in for this? I’m all in, very impressed. I still think Tom Sturridge may be a bit too young for the part but he’s got real presence. The episode gives a nice soupcon of flavour for the wilder stuff i’m looking forward to.

6 Likes

I have watched two and the temptation to just go straight to the third is intense.

:grimacing:

8 Likes

Truth GIF

4 Likes

No spoilers - but it has a suitable pace and feel that American Gods lacked, even though that had some great actors.

I’m in, I like it. A lot.

10 Likes

This is what i’m getting already, it looks spectacular but it feels right. I’d love to watch it on a cinema sized screen.

4 Likes