Whatcha Watchin'?

Will do. My bad, eh.
:slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thanks.

Ordinarily I wouldnā€™t care, but I really am out of sorts at the moment.

6 Likes

Totes understandable. :hugging:

Soooā€¦ I missed my Weds night SHIELD fix because reasons, but how good is Ghost Rider in it!
So much better than the movies.

ETA: Got a couple of docos cued up for tonight, including ā€œTickledā€, which Iā€™ve heard is interesting.

3 Likes

I havenā€™t watched any of SHIELD, but Ghost Rider with Nick Cage was so bad, I can believe that anything would be an improvement.

4 Likes

Iā€™ll watch pretty much any old superhero crap on TV. Iā€™m a stupidly easy mark for stuff like that.

4 Likes

My television escapist entertainment is Red Dwarf XI at present.

Television programs I see archived on YouTube include "Codco."
Films I watch on YouTube that were packaged into half-hour television programs back in the 20th century are early (1928-1932) ā€œOur Gangā€ and ā€œLaurel & Hardyā€ comedy shorts.

7 Likes

Not sure what the region restrictions would be but a lot of the old movie serials are on youtube. Havenā€™t found Batman yet but there is The Green Hornet and Captain America for sure.

2 Likes

Lets just say Iā€™ve got a relaxed approach to copyright. :smiley:
Watched King of The Rocket Men on Youtube recently. That was fun. Bloody awful, but fun.

4 Likes

Most of them are public domain now so should be no problem, just who knows what they decide is good to see where.
And if you like King Of The Rocketmen, check out Radar Men From The Moon and Zombies Of The Stratosphere which has a very young Leonard Nimoy as one of the badguy aliens.

2 Likes

Iā€™m a fan of a lot of the design used in those earlier serials and the wooden acting and paint-by-numbers plotting are just icing on the cake. Perfect for late night tablet-viewing.

2 Likes

That is on topic - watching Walking Dead, speculating on South Park, which will air tonight, Thanks to the way they animate (both techonlogy and simple style), they can do incredibly quick turn around times. They have to plan it ahead of course, but unlike something like Family Guy which gets animated months before airing, they can turn things out that happened that week. The election has been one of the story lines, and so it should come to a head tonight. I probably wonā€™t see it until tomorrow.

As for that Walking Dead song - I guess that song was MADE for the show, instead of finding some song and looping it? Like the Barney song? Cheaper? Able to sell a few thousand copies at a buck a pop? I wonder if they had someone make it to order, or if they found it on an unpublished catalog.

ā€œHey guys, yeah itā€™s Bernie, your manager. Look, guys, I got good news and bad newsā€¦ā€

1 Like

Move on, please; dont lawyer.

PLEASE.

Today is not the day.

2 Likes

Re: Rectify

Looks like I was wrong. Rectify (a Titles & Air Dates Guide) now shows six episodes this season, the same as Seasons 1 and 3.

1 Like

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

2 Likes

ZOMG - the end of Ash vs Evil Dead played ā€œTheyā€™re Coming to Take Me Away, Ha-Haaa!ā€ by Napoleon XIV !

4 Likes

The music choices for that series, like just about everything else in it, have been totally on point. :smiley:

3 Likes

We needed a pick-me-up tonight; this definitely did the trick.

10 Likes

I havenā€™t seen it yet.

1 Like

OK, this is a good doco. But this is NOT A PLEASANT ONE.
Hereā€™s me thinking a doco about the world of professional tickling and tickle-fetish might be amusingly weird.

#HOLY FUCKSOCKS WAS I EVER WRONG.

Homophobia, anti-semitism, threats both legal and otherwise, blackmail, abuse, torture, incredibly skeevy people all round.

Thereā€™s a line from one of the Kiwi doco makers - ā€œOnce again, weā€™re in way over our heads.ā€ I know how you feel, mate.

Euurggh. Ick. Yeeeerrcchh.

Would recommend if you have a strong stomach.

WOULD NEVER EVER WATCH AGAIN. EVER.

5 Likes

Awesome movie! Also ended up watching it not so long ago. I keep thinking I know a couple other uplifting Japanese movies, but all I can think of right now are The Bird People of China, Dead or Alive II, and The Eel. And itā€™s not those, Iā€™m pretty sure, even tho they kinda fit the bill.

3 Likes