Whatcha Watchin'?

It’s good. Shits going down. I wonder how many showers the cast takes in a day. That song was just during the credits. It used to be a Dr Demento staple.

2 Likes

Meh, South Park was ok. Not quite what I had hoped for in the realm of scathing satire. But a few good lines.

I think this is the 2nd year they have done a serial story line. Eh, I think I prefer the individual story lines better.

1 Like

I’ll get to it eventually.

1 Like

Slurped up the new season of Black Mirror and the last two of Trollied before turning the computer off around 6-7 am yesterday and left it off until now. I have several drives full of documentaries and lots of good series from the UK, AU, NZ, and US I can binge upon. :slight_smile:

@piratejenny - I love Tampopo!, It may still be in a box of VHS I need to throw away. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Do you like anime? Do you like Harry Potter?

Try Little Witch Academie. We checked out the single “pilot” on Netflix and it was good. There is a 2nd show, but I haven’t found it to watch it yet.

In early 2017 it will have its own series.

3 Likes

I’ll check it out; I need more shows with levity, and I love animation.

3 Likes

Arrival.

Is this thread for films as well?

Profound and profoundly sad yet optimistic in a way but, oh boy, did it feel timely. The utter stupidity of the human race as a whole yet the goodness of individuals if we just talk to each other was depressingly familiar but overcoming those differences and language barriers and coming together? That feels like the most implausible part of the plot right now.

5 Likes

Sure.

I hadn’t heard much about that one.

3 Likes

Thanks, OP.

I couldn’t really find a suitable thread without dredging up something way back. Could start one i suppose but making my one and only thread was stressful enough, it’s a lot of responsibility!

2 Likes

The film thread is this one - a bit tweaked from its original purpose.

3 Likes

Ahh thanks. That shows i don’t really frequent the bbs as much as i probably should outside of main article threads.

4 Likes

It is reviewed on the latest GME Anime Funtime podcast.

3 Likes

I generally try to recognize and avoid nostalgia for its own sake for the empty calories it is, but HOLY MOLY how did I not know HARDY BOYS/NANCY DREW is on Netflix! So… much… feathering…

And maybe it is just sour grapes, but Shaun Cassidy sure looks a lot dorkier than I remembered.

4 Likes

The bf put on “Wild France with Ray Mears” while cooking, and I’m kind of half-watching it. He’s in the French Alps, helping to herd goats, hiking with pack mules, watching marmots, looking at meadows full of wildflowers . . . I seriously want to just go live in this show for a while.

8 Likes

It just now dawned on me that you co-opted one of my signature catchphrases and one of my favorite memes.’

:wink:

3 Likes

You really should take out a copyright on holy fucksocks…

2 Likes

I’m still enjoying Lucifer; it got picked up for a full 22 episode season too. And last night Dad and I watched the first 3 episodes of Ash Vs. Evil Dead, season 1. I’m absolutely loving it! My dad says, “gee, I’m glad they’re not going overboard with the special effects” (sarcasm, of course); he’s not a big fan of lots of gore, but he also found it “interesting” and is willing to keep watching with me. I look forward to seeing the rest of it. :grinning:

3 Likes

In ur posts, steallin’ ur memez. :stuck_out_tongue:

But yeah. Watch that doco, but don’t expect to feel good about doing so. So not any time in the next 4 years, really.
Anyone on alt.gothic back in the old days might recognize the name David D’amato.

And a knitting pattern.

6 Likes

*LIRL!

Thanks, I really needed that laugh.

Good stuff like that is why I “fucks with Boing Boing.”

:slight_smile:

5 Likes

Loved that (one of the first movies I ever saw at the theater with my now-wife). Itami’s follow-up, A Taxing Woman, is also really great.

Not Japanese, but you might enjoy this one:

3 Likes