Whatever happened to Alfalfa from Little Rascals?

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2017/05/24/whatever-happened-to-alfalfa-f.html

ReMARKable.

2 Likes

Link please.

1 Like

Here’s one:

http://www.picking.com/og-alfalfa.html

4 Likes

What happened!?! I’m dying to know but keep getting 404’ed! Oh, the hyperbole!

2 Likes

Fun fact. Carl Switzer played the disgruntled would be boyfriend who opens the floor over the swimming pool in the movie “It’s a Wonderful Life”. It was an uncredited role for some reason.

10 Likes

[quote=“frauenfelder, post:1, topic:101560”]**
He was born in 1929.
[/quote]
He was born in 1927. He couldn’t be 31 if he was born in 1929.

4 Likes

He shot Buckwheat. Everybody knows that.

6 Likes

I’ve watched It’s A Wonderful Life many times through the years. I never realized it was Alfalfa who made the gym floor open up.

12 Likes

For the curious, adjusted for inflation that would be $421.59.

6 Likes

I thought he died on set.

9 Likes

Otay, that is fake news…

Tree Times a Mady…

2 Likes

Damn. That’s joyous. And to think this film was a flop.

3 Likes

Non-speaking role: no credit, much less pay.

But he did speak, and he did get credit. I just never made the connection.

2 Likes

Oh, sorry! I didn’t remember that part of the scene, and was going by the snippet provided in the YouTube video.

The voice you hear at the beginning of the clip is Alfalfa’s. Mary (Donna Reed) was his date to the dance, or at least the woman he’s cornered, and George Bailey lures her away from him. He sulks away, and then opens the gym floor for revenge.

1 Like

Ahh…thanks!

1 Like

Switzer also appeared in Going My Way as one of the kids Bing Crosby convinces to join the choir - after Stanley Clements (one of the East Side Kids) slaps him around a bit. And that slapping Alfalfa routine was later spoofed in the Looney Tunes cartoon Mouse Wreckers where Berties slaps around Hubie. Everything’s connected, man.

1 Like

We should play 6 Degrees of Alfalfa.

4 Likes