What's for dinner?

that’s right, it’s really simple too. 1 cup of bullseye regular flavor, half cup of a-1 steak sauce, and 1 dried ghost chili finely chopped. simmer 30-45 minutes. really a pleasant combination of flavors and heat. i also crush a ghost chili and simmer it in the seasoning liquid for regular chex mix and then strain out the pepper pieces before i start mixing it into the mix. again, a a great combination of flavor and heat. i have yet to find a good culinary use for ghost peppers in tex-mex cooking. the flavor just doesn’t mix well.

1 Like

Please, pictures.

Caprese salad, no pics of the ribs :frowning:
(We have caprese a lot)

7 Likes

I know several people who made it a point to go to Dick’s when visiting Seattle on the strength of Sir Mix-A-Lot’s endorsement of it in “Posse on Broadway.”

3 Likes

Oh man I want a Deluxe, Fries, and a Strawberry Shake now.

It is good that I forget that the nearest is within reasonable walking distance though I imagine the hill on the way back would make up a bit for the indulgence.

1 Like

Well last night was the birthday dinner for MrsTobinL so she got one of her favorites. Veal scallops. Cooked in butter, oil, and scallions. Then keep them warm while making a sauce with white wine, stone ground mustard and creme fraiche. Some fresh green beans and butter herb pasta.

1 Like

Tonight’s supper will feature breakfast burritos. Eggs, veg sausage, roasted potatoes on some crazy high-fiber tortillas. Still debating whether cheese should be included (we’ve cut way back, and have none in the house). One of us will have delicious Cholula chipotle sauce, while the other will have that green salsa that I don’t like.

And some lightly-steamed baby greens (kale & spinach) on the side.

3 Likes

I made kimbap and some soup. We’re a bit short of Korean ingredients, but I’ll be making a new batch of kimchi within the next week or so.

2 Likes

Calorie-deficit day for me today. Tonight’s dinner is a couple of small lean lamb cutlets and a mountain of steamed veggies and leafy stuff.

I smoked and dried a load of mine. Works quite well, but I might not have the best idea of what good Tex-Mex is.

Today? Cheese sammiches, cos I wasn’t that hungry. Tomorrow it’s toffee-apple pork ribs.

2 Likes

i’ve tried them in pico de gallo and as part of the peppers i use in cheese enchiladas but the flavors clash. they’ve worked well in spicy chinese dishes in addition to the other uses i’ve detailed above.

2 Likes

My brother in law put them in burgers to good effect, I have also had chocolates with them that were tasty.

1 Like

Tonight is an effort at aubergine parmigiana.

Never tried it before, could be interesting.

2 Likes

We do caprese with mozz balls and cherry tomatoes a lot too, so THAT is definitely how we’re doing it next time!

Dinner tonight was various odd bits because we got back late from my dad’s, but lunch was homemade minestrone soup, two types of homemade bread (both rustic types), and store-bought cheese because apparently @japhroaig doesn’t deliver (yet?)!

4 Likes

Update: worked out okay. I was quite pleased.

Note to self - work on presentation skills.

7 Likes

I have a suggestion for y’all…
Boing Boing Surprise:

10 Likes

JUST LOOK AT IT.

Please, just look. Don’t eat.

6 Likes

Can you imagine if we ever had a BB potluck?

On a more realistic note, what about a BB cookbook?

3 Likes

That’s a top suggestion. :+1:

1 Like

Smoked chicken, leek and fennel gratin tonight with a green side-salad.

1 Like

Lemon ricotta parmesan chicken with linguine.

Presentation better, portion control a bit off. As per usual.

3 Likes