What's the best multi-bit screwdriver?

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/11/27/whats-the-best-multi-bit-scr.html

2 Likes

I like/have Picquic’s Dash7 because it uses 2" bits that go easily into my drill and impact driver. A little bit smaller for keeping in my work desk drawer.

3 Likes

It is handy to have Pozidriv bits as well as Phillips bits if you spend any time assembling Ikea furniture.

1 Like

nice thing with Picquic is you can get additional bit packs - Posidrive, Torx, Robertson, Allen hex - in dedicated bit holders that load/reload in the same way as the handle by pushing another bit through. So you can get one or two drivers, and then bit packs for the lesser used bits.

2 Likes

This feels like it should be two questions. Who makes the best driver? And who makes the best bits?

As I clicked into the article from the front page I was thinking to myself “It had better be that Canadian 6-pack thing…”

Yup, there it is on the video title card. No need to watch the video, they seem to have picked the right one!

1 Like

The best one is the one that I can find. I lose track of my tools so damn easily. Quarter of the time of any project goes into me walking up and down my bench throwing shit to the side and cussing.

1 Like

[Edited to remove out-of-date information.]

The standard bit assortment varies depending on where it is sold. Canadian models always have Robertson bits. In the US they seem to substitute Torx. I don’t know if Picquic drivers are sold in Europe, but if they are, I wouldn’t be surprised if they included Pozidriv.

1 Like

Obligatory Screwdriver:

2 Likes

Easy, fresh squeezed orange juice and good vodka.

These type of videos are always funny to professional mechanics.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.