What's this ex-ICE official doing at an anti-Muslim hatefest in Virginia?

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/08/30/thomas-homan.html

3 Likes

What’s this ex-ICE official doing at an anti-Muslim hatefest in Virginia?

Elections2018-sm

12 Likes

“America is at stage two Islamic Cancer,” says the founder of ACT for America. Why exactly is Thomas Homan, former acting director of U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE), speaking at their upcoming event in Washington, D.C.? And he only retired in June.

Simple: ACT for America is what’s known as an affinity group.

3 Likes

ICE is reprehensible, from the tippy-top down to the roots. It shouldn’t be a shock that their former acting director is a speaker sought after by hate groups.

“By appearing at an anti-Muslim hate event, Mr. Homan would – because of his past position as head of ICE - send the clear message that bigotry is viewed as acceptable by top government officials in the current administration” …

Which… it is, right? Is that a thing that is in doubt? Even if this …gentleman… doesn’t show up to further stir up these other… like-minded racists, the state of things in our government and huge swathes of our country are still mighty obvious. Especially as time goes on.

14 Likes

Ooh! Ooh! I know, pick me!

17 Likes

I’m guessing that the correct answer isn’t “identity politics”; because reasons.

6 Likes

What’s this ex-ICE official doing at an anti-Muslim hatefest in Virginia?

A: Hating.

17 Likes

Um, flocking?

5 Likes

Mmmm, Mating?

7 Likes

Recruiting for ICE?

11 Likes

I know, reporting for duty.

13 Likes

I wondered why he might be such an exclusionist; but then I realised, there is no “u” in Homan.

2 Likes

ACT’s founder says she believes “every practicing Muslim is a radical Muslim,” a Muslim “cannot be a loyal citizen of the United States,” and that Arabs “have no soul.”

See that. That right there. That is the answer whenever anyone starts on the whole “Islamophobia isn’t racism, because Islam is a religion not a race!” thing.

“Muslim” is just these goose-steppers’ code-word for the local brown-skinned minority: in America and France, Arabs; in Germany, Turks; in Britain, Pakistanis and Bangladeshis.

11 Likes

It always pisses me off that groups like that have no problem raising a million here, a million there.

eta: Oh FFS!

Accomplishments

We have organized conferences featuring noted speakers:

• Dr. Jordan Peterson , argues that to use pronouns dictated by others is “compelled speech,” and spoke on post-modernism, Marxism, and political correctness
3 Likes

remember when they said this about Catholics and Kennedy?

7 Likes

The backstroke?

1 Like

I do so love starting my day with a good rhetorical question.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.