What's your morning pick me up?

Somewhere around when I hit 40 I realized that two Pop-Tarts first thing in the morning was a wee bit too much sugar all at once for a growing boy like myself.

11 Likes

No, not lemon. Assam brewed to the point of opacity, 4:1 ratio with full fat milk. Not cream, all you benighted colonial oafs.

13 Likes

Itā€™s one of 2 ways:

Tetley English Breakfast, (better than most cheap brands but not crazy expensive like premiums) 8 bags in 32 oz pot thatā€™s hit on all day, or Starbucks French roast, 3 Tbs in Aeropress, 1 min steep. Both unadulterated. In summer the tea is poured over ice, preferably with fresh lime.

1 Like

Isnā€™t it considered gauche to have that many lumps?

10 Likes

Builderā€™s tea.

6 Likes

I think this is where I make the wisecrack about needing it to pull down the carbonation module from the nearest repository before drinkimg, but then Iā€™d likely get severely beaten around the head with stuffed penguins.

[Edited to add:]
@renke I approve of your commitment to free and open source algorithms.

9 Likes

I dunno? Probably? And by three sugars I mean three raw sugar cubes. Delish!

2 Likes

In your tea?

10 Likes

as kids we called remaining leaves in the cup ā€œtea fishesā€. does this count?

9 Likes

sudo apt-get repour | reheat -c(ream)

6 Likes
dnf whatprovides coffee
Error: No Matches found

sigh.

6 Likes

HTCPCP code 406: Not Acceptable

(grins at you both) (but not at the lack of coffee)

4 Likes

[rustles around in the gif bank]

10 Likes

Figured if Stevia can pass for sugar, cream can pass for milkā€¦
No, youā€™re right, Iā€™m a monster for having allowed this to go as far as it has.

8 Likes

We need to talk about your source of tea. Or cream. Or maybe thereā€™s some genetic factor (like with cilantro tasting like soap to some people). Still, best to start with the simplest plausible explanation first.

4 Likes

The tea doesnā€™t matter, itā€™ll happen for me with any black tea. I even avoid 2%. Same thing w/cream milkfat-rich milk from CA, Nova Scotia, and TX. Maybe itā€™s some genetic taste thing. Orwell noted it too:

http://www.booksatoz.com/witsend/tea/orwell.htm

7 Likes

It occurs to me I havenā€™t shared my ante meridian eye-opener. Itā€™s this, brewed the night before and consumed cold with a little milk.

I understand Victor Hugo started his day with cold coffee too.

6 Likes

12 Likes

Oh, one thing is the weaker the tea the less noticeable it is. Also less noticeable if the waterā€™s not boiling when it hits the leaves (though teaā€™s swill anyway if the waterā€™s not boiling).

2 Likes

Interesting. Sounds like the phenomenon might be more complicated after all. Another tea topic for me to geek out on. Woo-hoo!

3 Likes