When Jimmy Kimmel Live asks these folks about the Winter Olympics they fib like pros

Olympics season, that time of year where my daughter takes a break from her BTS obsession and posts relentlessly about anything having to do with Olympics.

She called me up this evening and wanted to know if I wanted to do a watch party with her. She knew the answer but thought she’d double check.

I don’t know who that is, but it looks like the late, great Cliff Kuhn…

2 Likes

The big hairy dude in Men With Brooms? He’s George Buza from Maniac Mansion, a series with several alumni of Second City.

(Left)

1 Like

Hopefully, he’s alive, cause Cliff Kuhn is dead.

2 Likes

George Buza? At 72, he’s no spring chicken, but as far as I know, everything’s fine. :slight_smile:

Okay… well Cliff is still dead.

2 Likes

Unpopular opinion, but as a “not very sporty” person, I don’t really give a damn what’s going on in the Olympics either. My childhood Olympic memories are of not being able to watch TV because mom was in control of the remote during sporting events, so I had to find other things to occupy my time.

Carson Kressley Sport GIF by I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here! Australia

4 Likes
3 Likes

Same result maybe, but different reasons, no?

Somehow I doubt the guys in the OP video are particularly concerned about national politics either. :man_shrugging:

5 Likes

Speaking of Curling, I just found out today that this exists:

My favorite parts in the article:
“Rules have since been developed by Steve Sierigk, the High Commissioner of the International Rutabaga Curling Championship.”

“In 2008, the #41 rutabaga collided with a wooden barrier and split into two pieces. On inspection, the rutabaga was found to be rotten in the middle. In a controversial decision, the crowd voted to award contestant #41 a replacement rutabaga and another throw. That rutabaga was awarded to Tom Mansell, who went on to win first place in the 2008 competition.”

6 Likes

This is a wonderful thing. Thank you :heart_eyes:

6 Likes

And I thought for sure "rutabaga curling* was just an old person’s euphemism for something horrific to see. /s

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.