When Zephyr Teachout is elected New York Attorney General, she's gonna emolumentize Trump right out of the White House

Nothing against Ms. Teachout but I can’t see anything wrong with the frontrunner, Letitia James, an African-American woman with a long and solid track record of advocacy for disenfranchised groups.

2 Likes

Well, the repubs have spent about as long demonizing her as they did Hillary, so I can’t even imagine what a windfall Pelosi running would be for the GOP.

5 Likes

summer of love

Sounds like there are a number of good candidates in the running, then! May the best one win. :slight_smile:

In what sense, then, is " emolumentize Trump right out of the White House" a correct headline? I’m getting a little tired of “This time, for sure!!” headlines about removing Trump which turn out to be unsubstantiated.

1 Like

She may not need to run. If both Trump and Pence are removed from office before the next election and Pelosi becomes speaker of the House after the midterms, she’s next in line for the Presidency. Haven’t you watched The West Wing??

1 Like

The more the merrier.

A Democrat President would also pardon Trump. It would all be in the name of healing.

I think that’s far from certain, depending on what exactly got Trump impeached.

If Trump is thrown out of office, I suspect the Trumpkins will go ballistic and we’ll see a bunch of armed take-overs of federal properties, ala the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge. Did you see the recent footage of the Trumpkins screaming and cursing at Jim Acosta, flipping him off? Those people are not sane.

Donny Two Burgers is going to get a reaming from this Gal.

For that to happen, Trump and Pence would have to be removed almost at the same time, or the Dems would have to take control of the Senate. Remember how we got Gerald Ford.

1 Like

Well… if he were imprisoned, he’d be out of the White House in that he wouldn’t be living there.

I’m not assuming she would run, I’m saying that if both Trump and Pence are removed from office after Democrats take the House in November, that Pelosi would be Speaker and thus next in line for the presidency

1 Like

As much as I want 45 and Pence gone, that’s still not a very reassuring thought…

2 Likes

President Pelosi would be better, in essentially every way, than any potential Republican president in the foreseeable future.

3 Likes

I imagine that if Trump gets impeached, we’ll find out who all’s been 3D-printin them AR-15s. The punkinhead-Putin-pleasing chaos is ongoing. Zaphod Beeblebrox is President, and I need a couple of Pan Galactic Gargle Blasters

1 Like

Sure thing, then we can get back to the conditions that neoliberal Dems promoted that helped bring about Trump in the first place. Yay!

1 Like

I think blaming the Democrats, neoliberal or otherwise, on bringing about Trump is disingenuous and inaccurate. As far as I can tell, the key reason for Trump’s win was the low-key but pervasive racism among the white voters, and the racial resentment over America’s change into a more urban and less white country. And the blame for that lies squarely on the Republican party and the right-wing media.

But even if we focus on the economic side of things, the fact is that while the Democrats are far from perfect, they’ve been the only ones even attempting to moderate or fix the rising inequality, soaring medical, housing and education costs, fossil fuel dependency, infrastructure issues, and so on and on. At every point, it’s the Republican party that’s been trying to prevent progress or to turn the clock back to the Gilded Age.

Finally, even if you’re unhappy with Pelosi specifically, there’s the rest of the Democrats in the congress, not to mention the incredibly important control of the executive branch. With a Democratic president, even a non-ideal one, you wouldn’t have EPA allowing the use of asbestos, or ICE establishing concentration camps for children, and so on.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.