Where did the Gremlins go?

No homophobia or transphobia either…

Narrator: There was.

15 Likes

surely you could just make it as an out an out alien invasion film now, i mean the aliens in signs where allergic to water, so you just have them come from a dark cold rock, and that’s why he has fur and waters super limited so they only bred when they get wet, and because they are from the dark and the cold, they dont like the light, and its fury in space when its on the rock to keep warm, but on earth the true evil form does not need fur cos its warm and the fur is what protects gizmo from the sun, and makes him cute so other aliens want to rescue them, but other aliens no they are bad so dont, and only the stupid human pick them up…

You could have kid whose stole his dad space ship after his alcoholic father beat him for defending his mum from his dads drunken rage find one cos he goes of to the roid belt just to get away cos his home life’s crap, bring it back for his girl friend who is the only one who knows he dads a peace of shit, and all the other space colonist think his dads grate, hell is dad can run the space port.

Then the get it wet the bred, no one knows why they are kids so keep it secret there’s to many of them, you would prob have to drop the after midnight eating, but replace it with feeding them to much, cos there would not be to much food on a rock in space, so if they eat to much that says its time to be evil and eat every thing in site while you can and they could eat some not important people and the run rampant over the base, and they would have to lock the base down and not let any one else dock and then flee, but the gremlins would stop them, and then they would have to save his mum, and reluctantly his dad, then they would bond again and magical cure his dads addiction, and escape and live as family with his GF at his side!

There you go a none racist gremlins reboot, i retain all rights, and want my % of the GROSS not the NET.

3 Likes

Teenage me is keen to know if Phoebe Cates is involved.

Mid-fifties me hopes it has the ludicrous joy of the original and sequel, and hopefully a Santa-Claus-stuck-in-the-chimney story that is superficially hilarious and poignant, but is actually just hilarious.

And while we’re talking about Phoebe Cates, “Drop Dead Fred” is a fucking classic.

4 Likes

I saw Lace before Gremlins (my parents did like their schlocky eighties American miniseries – cf. The Thorn Birds and Mistral’s Daughter).

Ms Cates made a significant impression. (To be precise, I was convinced she was the most beautiful woman there ever was or ever could be.)

3 Likes

You watered it? Are you crazy!?

13 Likes

Maybe the gremlins are still around and found work on other projects:

via

11 Likes

Somehow the implied violence of this WWII-era safety poster is even more disturbing than the violence in the movie.

2 Likes

I read the book.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.