Where's my cake?

4 Likes

Sweet Find. You win the thread even though I donā€™t really like football.

2 Likes

The cake is a lie?

(pay no attention to my cake ā€¦)

7 Likes

@JonS beat me to it

8 Likes

The original or the new one? I havenā€™t seen the new one, but I love the original one.

Keep in mind, Iā€™m a huge fan of poor done horror films, the schlockier the betterer.

1 Like

Wait, so then, where is my cake? I donā€™t have my b-day up there and it says today is the anniversary of joiningā€¦

1 Like

Spun sugar?

1 Like

They made a new one !?!

Noted.

Very possibly, but if it is that means there are probably copious amounts of Red 40 food dye in itā€¦

YECH.

1 Like

I mean, thatā€™s almost all Hollywood does now, right? Either comic films, reboots, or sequels to movies from 40 years ago.

1 Like

Even when they try to venture into new territory, the end result often sucks; like It Comes at Night for example.

That was one of the most shitty depressing and just plain not fun horror movies Iā€™ve seen recently.

2 Likes

Yeah, the best stuff either comes from people who are old hands at making horror films or from indie studios.

2 Likes

It could be the anniversary of your joining per your profile

Server is on UTC though let me check UTC time ā€¦ current UTC time is 12:04 am https://www.google.com/search?q=current+utc+time

So itā€™s the 28th already from the serverā€™s perspective, yesterday was your cakeday based on join date.

1 Like

which is well TODAY, and she has no cake slice next to her avatar.

Nope it is tomorrow, see UTC time. Or yā€™know live in England, same thing.

1 Like

Hmmm.
I didnā€™t notice it yesterday for me anyway.
And I am about to go offline for a few hoursā€¦ so go crazy with the thread everyone!

What the heck are you talking about? You get one cake, not two. And the cake is based on the best date we have for you, either join date (not as good) or actual birth date set in your prefs (better).

Which part of this is not clear?

grumbleā€¦ having cake and eating it tooā€¦ grumbleā€¦

3 Likes

But then it just would have ticked over and I would have had it from yesterday at 8 to today at 8 (EST), but didnā€™t?

Sure, so if we get a cake on either the date of our actual B-Days (which I did not put into the thing) or the date of joining (which is known), then I should have gotten it yesterday (8pm-8pm EST), but I did not. And I was on yesterday, and no cakeday!

1 Like

You mean yesterday, if itā€™s already the 28th according to UTC, right?

1 Like

Well, I dunno. You can check others on the list to see

https://bbs.boingboing.net/cakeday/anniversaries

1 Like

I knowā€¦ but who doesnā€™t like cake? Also birthday cake is better.

1 Like