Which song have you been playing all your life?

I really don’t want to burst your bubble, but isn’t it “She’s got eyes of the bluest skies”?

For me, it’s In Bloom. Or Lithium.

1 Like

LMAO - you’re right.

With out a doubt, the most number of minutes I have spent listening to music has been to KMFDM. Runner up is probably My Life with the Thrill Kill Kult.

3 Likes

What about KMFDM’s famous, KMFDM says “KMFDM” from their album KMFDM? (I did actually listen to a lot of them as well)

3 Likes

Pere Ubu isn’t even on the chart?

7 Likes

Hah.

A recent album review summed it up: The album plays like a summation. “We’ve had thirty years to work on this. This is what we sound like. We will have some variations on this theme, but don’t expect much in that regard. Also, were you aware that our name is KMFDM because we’ve really tried to make that clear throughout our catalog.”

But that is part of their appeal - they don’t take themselves seriously. I always thought it was sort of a parody of nationalism, only for a band. From the lyrics to “Intro”.

“Nothing new, it’s the same old shit
If it works this good why fuck with it?”

2 Likes

Never thought of it that way, but this seems dead on.

1 Like

This just plays constantly in your head, doesn’t it.

1 Like

“Also, I hate Journey with a passion and is anyone else wondering why they remain popular? They are very very popular up here in NY. Despise their boring sound.”

Thank you for saying this! I thought it was just me.

I was about 12 when “Wheel in the Sky” came out and I thought they were a religious band (long story). When they got their second run with TV shows in the 2000s, a neighbor’s teenager kept playing “Don’t Stop.” Why couldn’t the kid discover Led Zeppelin or The Clash?

4 Likes

On good days Starfire plays in my head…

1 Like

I’m moving to Antartica

3 Likes

both Journey and Zep were way overplayed in my younger days… happily I hear both rarely except when visiting Canada…and that stumps my Canuck spouse as well, what is with BC and the love of classic rock (all the BC bud?)

1 Like

Uh, hello? It had guitars in it?

ugh.

With out a doubt, the most number of minutes I have spent listening to music has been to Skinny Puppy. Runner up is probably Karlheinz Stockhausen simply for how much I played his long works in collitch. Then maybe… Philip Glass, Jesus Jones, Conlon Nancarrow, Astor Piazolla?

Don’t see Perez Prado anywhere on the list, but what the heck:

2 Likes

Maybe it was because I was just enough years older that I was just kinda “oh what a grunge sounding REM? whatever” about Nirvana. Not that it isn’t a great earworm of a tune.

1 Like

I didn’t. I was born in late 1969, and never got into Nirvana. Certainly didn’t feel the need to buy Nevermind or any of the singles, since they were so ubiquitous everywhere I went. And by the time they weren’t, I was heartily sick of Nirvana. I was a bit too much of a metalhead in the 90s anyway (really from '86 on), and anyway I kinda resented all those Seattle-based alt-rockers for making flannel shirts fashionable (and thereby expensive). I’d been wearing them since I was a small kid and had to stop for a few years.

About ten years ago I had Iron Maiden’s “Run to the Hills” as a ringtone. I’ve never, ever gotten remotely sick of that song, even when I heard the chorus every time my phone rang.

1 Like

I hated Journey in the 80s. But I’ll cop to having a soft spot for Lovin Touchin Squeeeaazzaaayyyyeeeyyyaaaiiiin. And Don’t Stop Believing has all the ingredients of a great pop song. I think it would still be popular even without Glee.

2 Likes

I really liked Jesus Jone’s first album.

2 Likes

I was born in early 1970, old man!

I was at my peak of “ugh guitars” when grunge hit. It was… okay? I guess? Nirvana was pretty good. Just because I’ve heard them so much?