Which whisk(e)y will you be drinking?

Cadenhead’s bottlings show up in the US as well, and I’ve seen them at Binny’s stores in the Chicago area (yaaaaay!), and they’re quite good. I wish some of the newer American whiskey houses would style themselves as independent bottlers rather than try to cook up a BS story about “Prohibition recipes” and such.

I still regret not getting to Scotland when I went to the UK in 1999. Then again, on my way home, I picked up my very first bottle of Scotch (Aberlour) at the duty-free. That’s a classic sherried Speyside, and it was quite a nice introduction to single malts.

I was just about to post that!

Interesting story of love, culture and whiskey.

I was just recommended Corsair Triple Smoke by a fellow on the mountain the other day as a good whiskey for packing in. The general rule for packing whiskey up a mountain is that if you’re gonna pack the extra weight, you should make it the good stuff.

None. I don’t drink in response to things!

Now that’s quittin’ talk

After quittin’, that’s a good time for one.

Well, now is the time that I finally got a bottle of it, together with a bottle of Writer’s Tears and Jameson Cask Mates. I shall be opening it sometime this week.

Current bar status:

• Jameson
  • Jameson Cask Mates
  • Teeling Small Batch
  • Teeling Spirit of Dublin poítin
  • The Pogues Official Whiskey
  • Writer’s Tears

Oh, and some liqueurs as well, like Averna for after a good meal.

https://www.dolomitenstadt.at/story/gin-aus-osttirol/

Good stuff.
Current favourite is Schwarzer’s Dolomiten Tschin, with a splash of tonic water and a little twig of fresh rosemary. A delicious refreshment.

Try Averna with blood orange juice.
Ratio is circa one shot of Averna in a tall-ish glass of juice, plus a little ice if you like.
Works with regular OJ, but lacks a certain je ne sois quois.
Juice should ideally be fresh squeezed, or Direktsaft, you must have stumbled across it in Munich.