Whistleblowers out Falwell's Liberty University as a grifty, multibillion-dollar personality cult

So, they’re fucking or what? The young guy definitely has that “power bottom” look about him.

2 Likes

819da30fc4eb3b7e33b91933fbc6f1df612d0749

7 Likes

She has “tastefully arty” scenes which would have definitely been bad PR for CBS once she got the part of Wonder Woman.

I would hope that no one is actually surprised by any of this.

1 Like

If he feels that he’s being defamed, isn’t that usually a civil matter?

Hmm, that too.

He added that Liberty has hired “the meanest lawyer in New York,” whom he declined to identify, to pursue civil cases.

5 Likes

One of the main tenets of the Falwell/Liberty religious cult is that if one accepts Jesus Christ as one’s savior, one is automatically forgiven and will go to heaven. No confession or repentance is required.

These people are way beyond the 40 virgins in heaven suicide bomber types, because they can live to do it again courtesy of the might of the US military. Gina Welch, in her expose In the Land of the Believers, describes one leader who counseled US killers in the Middle East, and I have a sneaky suspicion he did not preach “thou shalt not kill” any where near as much as how to get away with it guilt free.

4 Likes

The thing is, Jerry Falwell jr (and family) pretty clearly don’t practice any of the tenets pushed by the school itself, and rather than being hypocrites, I think they just don’t believe in any of them. (Jerry jr never even pretends to a be minister.) The school was just a valuable inheritance, not a mission for them, but they’re not making changes because they don’t want to upset the cash cow.

Granted, the people who work at the school are true believers and everything you say, which puts them in conflict with its owners. Jerry jr apparently annoys the administrators there by constantly banging on about fucking his wife, for example. I suspect that makes them more upset than the grifting.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.