Liberty University, toxic site for sex crimes, says the big problem is the that White House leaked evidence of sex crimes coverup

Originally published at: Liberty University, toxic site for sex crimes, says the big problem is the that White House leaked evidence of sex crimes coverup | Boing Boing

4 Likes

Once again, the biggest crime for Xtianists and fascists is to get caught.

49 Likes

It’s almost like the people who howl the loudest about morality, honesty, integrity, and values are…kinda the opposite?

31 Likes

Oh weird, “Liberty” being defined as a code that essentially ensures that the more powerful people in a society have the “Liberty” to do whatever they want to the less powerful, all in the context of a “morality” that favors men over women, and reinforces that power hierarchy? I get it, the name is ironic! laughlaughcrycrycry…

29 Likes

Also all that cuck noise seems to be projection, surprise surprise.

14 Likes

i.e. much of what the New Testament touched upon which is pretty ironic

12 Likes

They are grooming their students to be victims.

20 Likes

It’s long ago ceased to amaze me how many RWNJs there are on that “kinky social network” site that I frequent. (Although I continuously block them, of course.) They’re quite happy to come slumming over to the queer side of the world, so long as everyone fears them and caters to their whims. Those laws and social norms give them power over us, power they can exploit.

It’s similar to how those business owners who scream the loudest about “illegal immigrants” and want really restrictive laws are also inevitably found to have a high percentage of people affected by those laws working for them. Those laws serve as great tools to keep their workers in line, or in this case, silence the victims of crimes.

26 Likes

Such as the farmers in Texas who report their own workers to “la migra” just before it’s time to pay them.

12 Likes

These Christians think the rules of law, civility, and ethical behavior do not apply to them.

They are wrong.

6 Likes

That’s all this religion ever does…

7 Likes

If sexual abuse counts as “family values”, you’re in the wrong kind of family.

9 Likes

These MAGAt idiots are now crying and whining because crops are rotting in their field because no Americans want to spend their day in the hot sun doing back breaking work for pennies on the dollar. They are the ones who wanted strict immigration and deportation laws. This has the aroma of “The leopard’s eating faces” theory.

13 Likes

Liberty hired the Ole Miss coach (Freeze) who had hookers on speed dial to help with recruiting after he was fired. Liberty also hired the Baylor AD who was fired for lack of institutional control because there was a rape epidemic among the student athletes. Liberty University could give a sh*t about women and rape culture. If anything their actions show them to be pro-rape.

Rule of thumb if your pastor is on TV and wealthy you’re being led astray.

10 Likes

The belies, I have a hard time thinking that anyone wanted to see them.

3 Likes

Suddenly all that farfle by conservatives about dismantling the Dept. of Education makes sense.

4 Likes

Once again, “all x are y” is pretty much always wrong. Promoting indiscriminate hate against one group to counter hate against another is not a great strategy. These guys are assholes, but to paint all religious people with that brush is uncalled for.

12 Likes

As always, the assholes aren’t concerned about the crimes, but about them being made public.

8 Likes

Right. We’re not surprised when an individual virulent anti-LGBTQ Xtianist preacher turns out to be having sex with men, but that doesn’t mean all of them are. If we’re going to paint with a broad brush about loud-mouthed evangelicals and religious fundies, safer to say the vast majority of them are hypocrites of one variety or another and that most of the preachers on TV or with megachurches are grifters.

9 Likes

Not sure who’s comment you are responding to. I had a friend go to Liberty in the late 80s and early 90s. He came from a religious family and was pretty dim, but he was a well intentioned person. People like Jerry Falwell and Jerry Falwell Jr. Take advantage of people like my friend. They take their money and buy boats and pool boys and all sorts of luxuries instead of helping people. The whole prosperity góspel bit is directly opposed to the teachings of Jesus. (Camel and the eye of a needle, money changers in the temple, etc.) There maybe an exception, as Jesus didn’t rule out rich men getting into heaven, but it isn’t easy.

3 Likes