Jerry Falwell Jr. to reporter: 'Trust me, you do not want to mess with me, OK?'

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/09/04/jerry-falwell-jr-to-reporter.html

3 Likes

I’m assuming that “Of course not, I want to mess with your wife while you watch; and so do you.” is considered an unsporting reply in this context?

41 Likes

Recently a Liberty U student claimed to be a non-consenting party* to the Falwells’ unconventional sex life and is encouraging more to come forward with their stories. So yeah, expect a lot more shit to hit the fan for this couple soon.

*Also known as “rape victim”

26 Likes

Follow the money…

I am hearing this in the voice of that teacher from South Park who puts an “m” in front of it. “MmK”

9 Likes

tenor

20 Likes

REPORTERS; (Rapidly jotting names on notepads) “Any other Liberty U. employees we should be sure not to interview about your alleged criminal activities, sir?”

34 Likes

He’s right. He’s too much of a hot mess already. You don’t want to touch it!

10 Likes

(Bill Hader, Dateline spoof)

16 Likes

Gary Hart called, he wants his tagline back.

7 Likes

Look, he may not have done a good job presidenting, but it does look like he’ll fall well.

Thank you and goodnight, BBS. I love you.

10 Likes

If you want a full forensic investigation of Falwell’s misdeeds and you’re not just going to need accountants, you’re going to need those CSI folks who specialize in bodily fluids.

16 Likes

Um no we don’t trust you and yes we do want to mess with you and now that you mention it oh boy are we going to talk to your sons! Kind of a trifecta in one sentence

(Also, I kinda feel sorry for the sons, having your mom & dad’s sordid sex life made so very public must suck, especially since it is so very icky.)

10 Likes

He also warned Reuters not to question his two adult sons

exactly what Trump said Mueller couldn’t do, “go after” his family. Those two are the same person basically.

10 Likes

“Dot, you don’t want to be around a guy like me. I’m a loner, a rebel”
-Pee Wee Herman

6 Likes

Simultaneously a threat and an acknowledgement that they have something to hide. Genius!

8 Likes

badass

13 Likes

“You don’t want to mess with me” is such a childish attempt at bravado. It’s as though he learned about toxic masculinity entirely from ‘90s movies. checks notes Yah, okay, that checks out.

Aside- are the BBS links in all Xeni’s posts ever going to get fixed?

13 Likes

@xeni

It is Falwell not Fallwell (which you typed four times) but, that said, we can be sure that as he goes down he is NOT going to fall well. Not at all.

3 Likes

Hmmm.
I thought Xtians are supposed to turn the other cheek.
It’s almost like… he’s not actually a Xtian…

The horror!

3 Likes