WhistlinDiesel: "Cybertruck frames are snapping in half"

I love that Top Gear! But let’s be clear, Top Gear is entertainment and nothing more. I wouldn’t use it as a documentary for what any vehicle is or isn’t capable of. They’re showmen and fudge facts here or there for the good of the story.

All this is a massive tangent to my initial point, which is: Whistlin Diesel is not a good source, and trotting out a MAGA musk-o-vite as a source because his video tickles your confirmation bias isn’t a good idea. That’s all. I could give a shit about the Cybertruck, I’m no fan.

2 Likes

Yes, exactly.

There is a reason why crash testing of vehicles has defined engineering parameters. I’m not saying the Cybertruck would pass them, because it wouldn’t in Europe, but a financially motivated YouTuber bouncing some shit on and off a pile of concrete isn’t a valid test

1 Like

It’s a true classic. I hadn’t thought about it in years but I jumped on the excuse to post it when it popped into my head.

1 Like

Yea, I loathe Musk/Tesla in general, but I have seen a Ford Raptor get destroyed by a similar jump.

They just look badly assembled, like the DeLorean…when you looked close-up the various sheet-metal panels didn’t align that well.

Aside from these things being the ugliest “cars” ever, towing infinite mass is not a good idea, as it would warp the space-time continuum and send us all back in time, probably to the Devonian, when it was really tough to find a place that stayed open late.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.