White Culture

Oh, shit, another reverse discrimination asshole. Because white men are the real oppressed class.

frustrated the daily show with jon stewart GIF

10 Likes

I know this is the sportsball team, but I wouldn’t be surprised if some tried to sue actual bear bears for some reason-food theft, tent destruction or suchlike.

2 Likes

Stealing of pic-a-nic baskets?

7 Likes

Hungry Yogi Bear GIF by Boomerang Official

8 Likes
8 Likes

Screenshot_20240326_150338_Gmail

16 Likes

Not much of a challenge.

12 Likes

All you have to do is put on Fox News, which apparently makes a lot of mediocre white men angry.
(Me too, but for different reasons.)

12 Likes

i will become irate if someone puts on that noise. will not listen to that nonsense.

did i just out myself as mediocre?

13 Likes

No. You’re clearly in the “for different reasons” category. :+1:

11 Likes

Last week, watching the movie Zone of Interest, about the Nazi commandant of Auschwitz and his family who lived on the other side of the fence from the concentration camp, I saw not knowing doesn’t even require physical distance. The Hollywood producers, directors and agents who signed a protest of director Jonathan Glazer’s remarks at the Academy Awards, by which Glazer meant to refute “Jewishness and the Holocaust being hijacked by an occupation” constitute the replication of not knowing in the present, which is where it does its harm.

What we call whiteness, and the caste system it’s integral to, is not really about skin color. It is neoliberal society’s ongoing project of not knowing. It amplifies and supports a human tendency – in part a healthy defense, conducive to survival – to forget traumatic events and circumstances. Unfortunately, the forgetting makes retribution and victimization likelier. This is why whiteness is a Doomsday Project, a ticking timebomb. Can we defuse it is the question.

Whiteness, after all, is a capacity to settle, build, progress, as a matter of right (i.e., of one’s caste) and then to live in successive generations in denial of the heartless cruelty, the murdered Indians and obliterated cultures, the black bodies, etc., upon which the settlement was made and due to which the country became such a marvel, such a superpower. In individual lives it functions exactly the same way – build the life opened to you by virtue of where you grew up and where you went to school, make it successful, paving over that trauma that though buried is not dead. The trauma manifests in depression, nervous tics, anxiety, self-hatred, all of which one can relativize if one is one of the lucky.

5 Likes

Nothing can protect racists from their own self-imposed butthurt.

7 Likes

I wish this had been published on a different date. :weary:

9 Likes

Michael Harriot’s feedback on “diversity hires” and those who fit that definition:

America didn’t elect Trump because he is racist.

Donald Trump became president because America is racist.

point pointing GIF by Shalita Grant

16 Likes

Seriously, though.

13 Likes

[ETA]

6 Likes

14 Likes

“White people” weren’t invented until 1664 and after, as part of a divide and conquer strategy by landed elites in response to the year-long Bacon’s Rebellion class-struggle in Virginia. Didn’t know that.

So many horrible ideas seem to have their start here, even guns as symbols of white patriarchal status and privilege (ammosexuals).

8 Likes

Uh Huh Reaction GIF by Originals

6 Likes

Yep. Get the lower-order “whites” and the mostly enslaved “blacks” to hate each other and they won’t unite in violent hatred against who they actually should – you. And hey as a bonus, you can even get some of the whites to do the work of patrolling and controlling the blacks!

8 Likes