White Culture

It’s pervasive and examining my own biases regarding myself certainly helped me examine biases I held against others. When all media comes from and is produced for a white cishet audience, those biases start young and often go unexamined by otherwise decent people.

10 Likes

More on the backlash after reports about this incident were published:

13 Likes

oprah winfrey GIF by Golden Globes

8 Likes
10 Likes
8 Likes

This reminds me of the ongoing struggles in Miami’s Little Haiti. It makes sense that people more likely to be able to afford to stay would be the last to move. That folks aren’t moving far might be partly what’s fueling the high-end development projects and resulting gentrification described here:

Unfortunately, real estate developers and lenders have a playbook for eliminating racial diversity that works all too well. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

12 Likes
8 Likes

This is in MTGs district, so not a huge surprise…

5 Likes

So many shooting ranges have been shown to do this that it doesn’t surprise me anymore. Still just as angry, though.

8 Likes

When even the ‘conservative’ publication group on campus fires you, maybe you’re weaponizing ‘free speech’ beyond the pale:

https://archive.fo/zaRV0

5 Likes

Christ, this woman is a nightmare…

constantly harassing her neighbors, and then melting down when experiencing the slightest pushback for her shitty behavior.

4 Likes

And still nothing for the assault on a child when she (IIRC) threw the computer tablet at the boy and hit him in the head. :man_shrugging:

7 Likes

Florida sheriff’s employee said he was shot while two ‘black men’ carjacked him — later admits he shot himself while ‘playing’ with his gun

6 Likes
2 Likes

That’s REVERSE RACISM… shouts some Karen somewhere!

5 Likes

Dammit, I’m still avoiding CNN…can I hope that pics of special potato salad made the list? :pleading_face:

9 Likes

This is as good a time as any to ask:

Is it really true that some white people make potato salad with things like raisins in it?

That can’t possibly be true, can it?

7 Likes

Colin Jost Shrug GIF by Saturday Night Live

I apologize for my bland and flavorless people… :wink:

6 Likes

No, that’s a scurrilous rumor.

I do sometimes add potatoes to my rasin salad, though…

7 Likes

I have never in my white life been subjected to such an abomination. May God have mercy on the souls of the perpetrators, for i shall most certainly not! :grin:

12 Likes